Josh from Brisbane!
Hey all. Lankyhere from Brisbane. Found out about you guys today at dreamworld. I would like to find out more information about your organisation, with the possibility of joining. Ive been wanting to Cosplay star wars for years, and being able to do it for charity would be awesome. Thanks all.

Lanky
Welcome Lanky,

Here is the link that can give you a bit of a history about the Garrison http://501st.com.au/who-is-the-redback-garrison/ also here is the mission statement as well http://501st.com.au/our-mission-statement/ if you need any more information the rest of the members can tell you more as I am still new to the Garrison. Oh welcome to the forums Smile
Hi! Welcome to the forums.
We're going to be at Dreamworld this weekend for May 4th and May 5th!
Do you have a costume in mind that you'd be interested in doing?
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
(Tuesday 30-Apr-2013, 10:00 PM)ashbash Wrote:  Hi! Welcome to the forums.
We're going to be at Dreamworld this weekend for May 4th and May 5th!
Do you have a costume in mind that you'd be interested in doing?

Hoping to start off first with something not too complex. Hope to one day have most star wars costumes, both Imperial and Rebel. Got any suggestions? I will be at dreamworld on the 5th of May so ill be able to see how awesome you guys n gals r
Hey Josh.
Welcome to the Redbacks. Imperials only here mate...some do both though Smile
Hope to see you at Dreamworld do say hi to as many of us and ask heaps of questions.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
I'll definately plan on it. What would you all say is the easiest (and Cheapest) costume to start with that would mean I could be on the floor or events, perhaps as a helper to the armoured Members?
Most costumes!? wow that'll be awesome to see!
Most people go down the road of a shiney TK as the Stormtrooper is the most iconic costume of the 501st.
I went for an imperial officer which was quite easy to source and relatively cheap to put together. I also went down this route as it was a quick way of getting in and approved in the 501st. Imperial officer is also a great costume to wear while wrangling and if you can get the sneer down-pat, it's quite a good costume to have.

Maybe check out a few of the costumes on display when you head to Dreamworld on the weekend? Might give you a good idea of what you might like to do initially as well as in the future Smile
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
I was looking at the approved Costumes as was thinking that imperial officer would be where I would want to start, that or Warrent officer. Where do you guys get the parts for the costumes and stuff? The most important thing for me is to get started, obviously I wont have any expensive Armor sets for a couple of years.
Cosplaysky do a good black imperial officer uniform (get the version 2 one as has been improved by feedback from members)

Don't get the hat and belt buckle though. You can talk to sideshowmel for good quality hats and muppet for belt, buckle and disc to put on the hat.

That would leave you boots, rank badge and code cylinders to go.

Boots can be got from places like horseland just hope you don't have large calves.

Rank badge Tiggie from the imperial officer site imperialofficer.com or fx.guy

Code cylinders there are people who sell resin copies or you can convert a chalk holder. Tutorials on the officer site

Otherwise ask as many questions as you can as there will be someone who's been there all ready and can point you on the way

Oh and welcome Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome to the Redbacks Lanky. Two of the "simplest" costumes I could recommend to get started with would be the Imperial Reserve Pilot ( basically its a flight suit, boots, belt, cap, gloves and a compad ) or a Rebel Fleet Trooper ( essentiallly its boots,pants, shirt, jacket, belt and helmet ). You will get to see both of these and many others at DreamWorld so look around first and see what appeals to you most.

One the best bits of advice I can say though is to ask questions, because when it comes to making costumes it is always better to ask too many (silly) questions than not enough (smart) ones.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome to the forums! As others have said an imperial officer or similar soft costume will probably be the quickest and cheapest way to start trooping and is of course great for wrangling as you can both costume as well as help out us less flexible armoured troops. I can second all the suppliers that duras recommended as these are the same ones I used for my admiral.
Hope to see you at dreamworld!
Clones are cooler
haha yeah. Just having a look at the cosplaysky website. Good prices. Would the imperial Reserve Pilot and the Imperial officer both use the same hat and boots? Also when I come to dreamworld on sunday am I allowed to come up and introduce myself as Lanky from the forums?
Hat yes

Boots I think no

Imperial officer are dress riding boots to the knee and fighter pilot are jackboots to the mid calf

Also forgot to mention check out the custome resource library (CRL) at the main 501st site. Www.501st.com

That will tell you the requirements that are needed
DW2013 to DW2018
Would something like this be appropriate?

http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imperial...iform.html

oops meant to link this one
http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-imperial...rsion.html
I've heard other people do this but don't know if anyone here themselves has done it but ...

you might want to try asking if they can do the black version 2 uniform in the grey fabric, also then ask for some extra material which you can supply to SideshowMel to make her more accurate hat in then colour matching fabric.

Also I might wait for Phantom to weigh in on that one (he's the approval officer) in case there is anything i'm missing ... I think all the officers uniforms were the same pattern but not 100% confident Smile
DW2013 to DW2018