Hi from a Newbie
Hi Everyone!
I think what you do for charities etc is awesome.
I met and chatted with some of you at Dreamworld this year (and last) and would love to join you.
Not sure where to start... I need help to acquire a costume ...help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope... oops sorry no Rebel scum allowed here. Hehehe

"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Best first step is to make it to a armour party and get a close up look of our costumes and see which one you may want to do. From there we can direct you in the next step

We have a AP coming up on the 18th look at the event page for details

Oh and welcome Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome!!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Thanks Duras, I shall see if I can make it to the AP on the 18th.
How often are they held?
Welcome to the forums
The Aps are held as often as a member/cadets holds one :D
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Welcome cre8tivaussie so if you have seen us at DreamWorld you would have seen a huge range of the costumes that you could do, so are there any that leap out as ones that are "you"? If you would like to do something iconic than look at doing a Stormtrooper, but if you are looking at getting started quickly than something like the Reserve Pilot or Rebel Fleet Trooper would be good options.

The next Armor Party will be on the 18th of May and that is a good chance to meet some of the garrison and see what goes into putting armor together. Also be prepared to ask lots of questions and no matter what (Star Wars related) question you ask you should get an answer.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
(Monday 6-May-2013, 09:50 PM)stormraven Wrote:  If you would like to do something iconic than look at doing a Stormtrooper

@ cre8tivaussie, aren't you a little short for a storm trooper? Wink
(Monday 6-May-2013, 10:08 PM)cavx Wrote:  @ cre8tivaussie, aren't you a little short for a storm trooper? Wink

Huh? Oh, the uniform. Cheeky
welcome
You're first step would really be deciding on what costume you want to do first.. (Oh yes, there will be many... There always are...)

Then we can show you some examples and get you started...Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome mate!
You're found the best Garrison in the galaxy and a great bunch of people to help you get started.
If you have found a few costumes you like, great start, but if not, have a think about what interests you and very importantly, look at a budget and a timeline for when you want to have it finished.
You can start simple with a 'soft' costume or go all out and make/buy some armour! Its up to you.
But ask lots of questions and do try and get to an Armour Party to see things in person and meet the gang! Good luck!
elcome, dont buy anything till you see Zupps
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 01:10 PM)scope Wrote:  elcome, dont buy anything till you see Zupps

Zupps... not on my list of places I would visit again in a hurry Cheeky
(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 06:46 AM)TheWolf Wrote:  You're first step would really be deciding on what costume you want to do first.. (Oh yes, there will be many... There always are...)

That is the hard part... deciding on the first costume Dunno

(Tuesday 7-May-2013, 01:07 PM)Rebelrach Wrote:  Welcome mate!
You're found the best Garrison in the galaxy and a great bunch of people to help you get started.
If you have found a few costumes you like, great start, but if not, have a think about what interests you and very importantly, look at a budget and a timeline for when you want to have it finished.
You can start simple with a 'soft' costume or go all out and make/buy some armour! Its up to you.
But ask lots of questions and do try and get to an Armour Party to see things in person and meet the gang! Good luck!

Thanks Rebelrach... feeling very welcome already. Smile
Welcome to the garrison!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.