Hi guys , have just joined and am looking forward to talking to you guys about Star Wars and how to get myself set with a costume , I totally understand that detail is a must , and I wouldn't have it any other way , hopefully you guys can lead me in the right direction
welcome to the nuthouse
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Welcome to the Forum Wes. Let us know a bit about yourself, where you live, what you do, what costume your considering so far. You'll find we're a pretty friendly bunch and someone will be able to guide you with your costume decision.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Greetings Wes, any particular costume you want to start with? Stormtroopers are a popular choice but there is also some soft options like the Crewman or Officer which you can look at as well.

With the detail most costume have 3 levels of accuracy, all have a high standard to start there is more and even more detail you can go into.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Hi Wes, Welcome to the Redback Forums... Smile

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome to the Redback Forums!
Hi Wes,
What part of QLD do you hail from? Any thoughts on what costume you'd like to start with?
Well guys I'm from Brisbane , I'm a construction worker , currently building the new hospital for the kids at the marter , have been a huge fan ever since I was 7 , am now 43 and have never lost the passion , have a huge collection . I have always wanted to a have costume so this is why I am here , start from the bottom and work my way up , I love the way you guys make children happy by seeing the costumes , I have a 3 year old boy and would love him to see me in one , not to mention the fact that in 2 years I will be able to take him to see his first Star Wars movie on the big screen . Now enough about me , what I like to start working on is a Snowtrooper out-fit , am not worried about the price , I just want it to be perfect , Snowtroopers have always been my favourite . Hope you guys can get me started . Thanks
Hey there mate.
http://www.blizzardforce.com/forum/

And have a good read over the CRL
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TS_snowtrooper

I am sure a few of our resident snowies will drop in and point you in the right direction for armour etc. It should be n blizzard force as well.

Good luck Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the Redbacks, Wes. You're never to old to dress up! Smile
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Hi major Payne , I live at Marsden ... Waiting for my gear is find , just want it to be perfect , so how do I go by in tracking down in getting my armour and the helmet , and boots so for , I know baby steps , but like to get started on this so maybe some time next year , I can be ready to join you guys and put smiles on kids , especially my son , and for people to know your never too old to enjoy something as much as I do . I have a ? Also regarding the gun , seeing our country is so screwed up when it comes to getting replicas in ( guns ) how do we get one to be accurate , are there people here that make them . I also see that you can have more then one suite , I have 2 other suites I will like to do at a later date
The Mukluks (Canadian military snow boots) can be tricky. Best to join Blizzardforce and find out the best place to get them. The Hasbro toy Stormtrooper Blaster (E-11) is reasonably accurate enough to use with a mod kit you can buy from DoopyDoos (Ebay seller). There are makers out there who make a more accurate blaster too. Gun laws are strict so don't go importing anything without the correct paperwork. It will be impossible, unless you have the right gun licence, to get a real Stirling to make into a blaster, and then you would be crazy to take it out in public. You can have as many costumes as you like/afford. Beanie and Muppet have 17 each, I have 7. The only limit is your wallet Smile I'll PM you some other details about the Snowie costume Smile
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Just a gentle reminder that it is advisable for Forum Members NOT to mention, in the General Forums, the names and the contact details of armour manufacturers.
Have brought my gun , stormtrooper replica , hopefully it'll come in a few weeks , will have to put it together and paint it , maybe someone in the Brisbane area could give me a hand