Hello from Hervey Bay
Hi all!

Long time 501st stalker, first time writer?
A little about me.. I'm 25, and I've been a Star Wars fan since I was about 4, along with my Mum and older brother (great bonding time over the tapes, DVD's, and novels pinched off my brother).
I've been doing some online research into different costumes for about a year, and following the 501st Legion on Facebook and have finally taken the leap into actually doing something about it. I've always loved Storm Troopers so I'm thinking that's the direction I want to head in to costume-wise

Right at this moment, I'm still doing my online research, and a member of the 501st here in Hervey Bay has allowed me to message him on Facebook with any question I can think of, and has been incredibly friendly and helpful.

I have a fair bit of time on my hands right now, just waiting to complete my last year of nursing next year, and it will mainly be part time.

I sincerely appreciate any words of wisdom or websites to have a look at, or just people who don't mind having their brains picked. My Facebook friend has suggested whitearmor.net, but if there's anything else out there, more than happy to have a look! :)

Regards,
Erin
Welcome! Smile

All things going well, we'll be trooping in the bay before christmas, so hopefully we get to meet up Smile
Hello Erin, and Welcome Jig Glad to see you have signed up here. Happy to help out anyway I can. Everyone here is so sooooo helpful and nice and will offer the best advice to get you into a kit. Don't be afraid to ask questions and advice from members. As I said, some of the nicest people I've met and chatted to.
PS - It's me, Adam Doppeldaumen1
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Welcome aboard Erin and now the dynamic duo is a terrific trio ?
Cheers
Wolf
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
Welcome, Erin!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

welcomes!
DW2013 to DW2018
(Thursday 7-Nov-2013, 08:52 PM)JOker Wrote:  Welcome! Smile

All things going well, we'll be trooping in the bay before christmas, so hopefully we get to meet up Smile

Thanks! That would be awesome Smile

(Thursday 7-Nov-2013, 09:04 PM)Baytrooper Wrote:  Hello Erin, and Welcome Jig Glad to see you have signed up here. Happy to help out anyway I can. Everyone here is so sooooo helpful and nice and will offer the best advice to get you into a kit. Don't be afraid to ask questions and advice from members. As I said, some of the nicest people I've met and chatted to.
PS - It's me, Adam Doppeldaumen1

Haha thanks, Adam! You really have been a big help Smile

(Thursday 7-Nov-2013, 09:08 PM)Wolf Wrote:  Welcome aboard Erin and now the dynamic duo is a terrific trio ?
Cheers
Wolf

Haha absolutely, Wolf! I think we were talking nursing stories in a local FB group haha

(Thursday 7-Nov-2013, 09:09 PM)Buzzard Wrote:  Welcome, Erin!

Thank you very much Smile

(Thursday 7-Nov-2013, 09:15 PM)Duras Wrote:  welcomes!

Thanks, Duras!

Adam was right, incredibly friendly people haha Smile
Hey, welcome Erin. I am organising a troop here in Bundy next weekend. Otherwise there's always Nova this weekend to visit and pick some like-minded brains... Smile
[Image: imagejpg1_zps8ab58052.jpg]
Aye we were lol . Also you have the spec ops det also if you want to be a special forces tx , a lot more cool factor then boring white tk Wink lol

http://www.501stspecopsdet.net. In case you want to take a look .

Cheers
Wolf
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
Welcome aboard Erin. Just remember to research and ask lots of questions.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey Erin welcome!
The guys in the Hervey Bay will be thrilled to have a 3rd Amigo!
You couldn't ask for more support up there so you're in good hands.
We've got lots of stormtroopers here and some great build threads from recent troopers who've been approved, that is also a great source of information to see what is involved to get you into the Redbacks.
Please do ask questions its the best way to get you heading in the right direction!
(Thursday 7-Nov-2013, 09:28 PM)C3POz Wrote:  Hey, welcome Erin. I am organising a troop here in Bundy next weekend. Otherwise there's always Nova this weekend to visit and pick some like-minded brains... Smile

Thanks Smile They both sound awesome, quite disappointed I'll be missing Supanova! But am looking forward to the photos

(Thursday 7-Nov-2013, 09:40 PM)Wolf Wrote:  Aye we were lol . Also you have the spec ops det also if you want to be a special forces tx , a lot more cool factor then boring white tk Wink lol

http://www.501stspecopsdet.net. In case you want to take a look .

Cheers
Wolf

Wolf! Have to love the white storm troopers! Though the shadow storm trooper and EVO trooper are mighty fine haha

(Thursday 7-Nov-2013, 09:43 PM)Phantom Wrote:  Welcome aboard Erin. Just remember to research and ask lots of questions.

Thank you Smile I certainly shall haha

(Thursday 7-Nov-2013, 10:05 PM)Rebelrach Wrote:  Hey Erin welcome!
The guys in the Hervey Bay will be thrilled to have a 3rd Amigo!
You couldn't ask for more support up there so you're in good hands.
We've got lots of stormtroopers here and some great build threads from recent troopers who've been approved, that is also a great source of information to see what is involved to get you into the Redbacks.
Please do ask questions its the best way to get you heading in the right direction!

Thanks, Rebelrach! They really have been incredibly friendly Smile Am certainly going to hunt down those build threads you mentioned!.. When my mind is functioning a little better haha (sleeeeeep)
Welcome Erin!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Hi Erin, welcome aboard ! Smile
Welcome Erin its good to see that you are interested in doing up a Stormtrooper they are great iconic costumes and we can never have too many of them around. It sounds as though you and Baytrooper (Adam) have already talked and I'm a bit surprised he didn't convince you to do a Sandtrooper.

One thing to remember is that you don't need a costume to start helping out at troops, we could always do with more wranglers ( eyes/ears/crowd control ) at events.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky