Redback Garrison
Brisbane Oz Comic Con - Printable Version

+- Redback Garrison (https://www.501st.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Mission Reports & Photos (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Brisbane Oz Comic Con (/thread-16591.html)

Brisbane Oz Comic Con - Ktty - Sunday 22-Sep-2024

Date: 
Bump In - Friday 13th
Event - Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th

Venue:
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre

Time:
Bump In - 1pm
Event - 9:30 - 4:30

Mission:
Bringing the Redback presence to OZCC Brisbane 

Trooper Attendance:
RBG
Bump In:
Ktty
Redpaint
Mykill
GaugeRage

Saturday:
Blade_Seduction
Redpaint
Shutter
Zerebin

Sunday:
Squid
TythePhantom
Bigmac
Iceheart
Bolt
Snips

Both Days:
Ktty
Gauge
Thumb
StarScribe
WillOfTheForce
Blueski
Glitch
MrjD
Sharpshooter - visiting from SCG

RL
Bump In:
Kaladan

Saturday:
Little Wicket
Kaladan
Blue
Buzzard

Sunday:
KitDaeme

Both Days:
Vagin Siilk-Maac

GA:
Saturday:

Kaylah

Both Days:
2 x MjrD kiddos 

Wranglers:
Cre8tive - Both Days
Sasquatch - Sunday
Mewsefet - Both Days
1 x parent for GA's - amazing painting skills! 

Details:
Bump In:
Two AMAZING new backdrops were able to debut at OZCC thanks to our wonderful prop team - and they even engineered a new set up system that was much easier to put up than previously! 
A pretty quick bump in for a con, perhaps our quickest yet at just over an hour! 

Saturday:
I think I jinxed us by saying we might be in for a quiet weekend as it was pretty steady on Saturday. 
The event opened a bit quiet but we realised they just weren't fast at scanning and getting people inside 
We had a lady with us for a little taking photos for the courier mail so that was fun, and later in the day a news outlet grabbed some footage of end of day trooper silliness 

Saturday evening we caught up with some people who had popped by the stands, one as a visiting member from the Japan Garrison so that was lovely to hear about their plans and how they enjoyed an Aussie con and some discussions around Celebration were had! 

Sunday:
Sunday unfortunately was a quieter day for the con but that didn't stop troopers from having a good time and taking lots of photos and meeting new friends! 

Bump out was again very quick thanks to the new set up created by the prop team! 

Overall the event was good - there was a big lack of communication leading up to the event which wasn't great but we got there in the end. 
Lots of effort from those in attendance was given over the weekend which was as always, amazing! 
The charity was so so happy to have us raise some funds for them! 
I could waffle on and get super in depth but then it's too boring! 

Charity Funds Raised:
$575 in cash between ourselves and Hire A Tardis 
Unfortunately, we had no way to track the QR donations and I haven't heard back from the Charity what was raised

Injuries / Malfunctions:
Ktty's jawa mask got a lovely crack in it 
Blueski had some armour not want to play nice coming off
I'm sure a few of us felt sore Monday morning! 

Public Incidents:
A couple of guests got a bit too excited to meet some members - a timely reminder that we should all trying to keep as close a eye on things as we can when wrangling 
As always, the Jawas and Ewok spooked a couple of kids (and adults) and Thumb did a great job of spooking a few people being very mannequin-y 

Mission Status:
A great success - hopefully a fun weekend for most and a good taste for Brisbane Supanova later in the year! 

Photos:

RE: Brisbane Oz Comic Con - redpaint - Sunday 22-Sep-2024

It was another excellent con Kitty.
Hats off to you and Gauge for all that you did.