Indooroopilly State Primary School Fete (Indigo Fair)
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday 25th July 2015

Venue: Indooroopilly State Primary School

Time: 12.30pm – 7.30pm

Mission: To provide entertainment at the annual Indigo Fair and raise money for the Starlight foundation.

Trooper Attendance:
Redback Garrison
Altair – TK
Diatium – TK/HWT
DW – TD
Sly – TK
Stormraven – DZ
Teiwaz – TB
Whitey - RC

Southern Cross Garrison
Rhino – ID

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
Canuck
Cutter
Dark Dora
Kai Wolfe
Lisa
MyKill
Oberon
Squirtle
Tirilia

Details/Photos:

At 1100 hours I arrived on site and located the classroom to be used as our head quarters. Over the next hour our troops began to arrive and unpack their gear.
After a mission briefing the crew got armoured up and commenced patrol of the school ovals at 1230. We split into two squads (alpha & beta) to cover the upper and lower ovals.

Under the instruction of Imperial Commander Rhino, alpha squad troopers Altair, Sly, DW and Stormraven stood guard over the Redback outpost located on the upper oval.

[Image: xo6ie1k.jpg]

Whilst beta squad troopers Diatium, Teiwaz and Whitey descended down hill to secure the main lower oval. They soon realised the easiest way to take control of the grounds was to seek advice from some real estate experts.

[Image: IkDzPlT.jpg]

This worked as planned!

[Image: Qq49RkR.jpg]

With the crowds increasing in number, the squad was quickly swamped with requests for photos. Biker scout Teiwaz thought it best to recruit some local law enforcement officers in case they needed backup.

[Image: Aplfxw0.jpg]

However we soon found out there were other motives for his decision... luckily this speeder bike didn't hit any trees!

[Image: RiaeEZd.jpg]

Meanwhile back up the hill, alpha squad was keeping a close eye on everything. Stormtrooper Sly put to use his advanced training in negotiation strategies and tactics to score a bounty of cookies from one of the local merchants. These rations complimented Tirilia's famous mars bar slice to ensure all imperial crew maintained adequate sugar levels throughout the deployment.

[Image: syhmv6W.jpg]

After posing for many photos and dishing out countless high fives it was time for a break. After lunch we set out back into the Indigo Fair grounds, this time beta squad manned the top oval and alpha squad battled the monster stairs down to the bottom oval.

[Image: iXrwC7G.jpg]

[Image: Xr3olna.jpg]

With the sun setting we started to loose daylight and the kids were hyped up on candy so it was time to call it a day and fall back to HQ at 1745.

[Image: Xe1ou1c.jpg]

[Image: xw9v0c6.jpg]

[Image: FKmJ0wJ.jpg]

The rest of the night continued featuring the laser show, the highlight obviously being a dubstep remix of the Star Wars main theme and what could be described as a "lightsaber" battle including Vader's breathing and sync'd up sound effects.

Charity Funds Raised: $232.95

Injuries / Malfunctions: None to report.

Public Incidents: There were a few kids that tested the patience of our troopers towards the end of the day, hitting the hard armour and just being silly. Whitey's back pack being a prime target again. This event reinforced the need for wranglers to be on top of their game.

Mission Status: Overall a great success! A big thank you to all the troopers and support crew. Great job all round. Thanks to Rhino for making the trip up to Brisbane. Credit to Dark Dora the stand out wrangler for the day. Thanks also goes to Squirtle for the photos!

Some feedback from the organisers - “The hugest thank you to the guys and gals of Redback Garrison - 501st Legion for coming to @IndigoFair2015 and supporting the Starlight Children's Foundation Australia”
Good work everyone, especially Altair for the POCing. There were a lot of people to manage but handled like a pro as always.

Whitey had some of those yellow balloons tied to his backpack. The colour matched perfectly but I don't think they made it any lighter! Hehehe

I did love getting on that police bike. Not something that happens every day.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
It was a great day. As was recommended in Doc's excellent first outing guide thread, on my very first event I was observing the wrangling process, seeing what it involves, seeing how those in costumes interact with the public and with their support crew. Having Dark Dora as my guide helped a lot. Despite a little nervousness being in a new group, everyone was so welcoming, troopers and fellow cadets alike and that made it a lot easier. Altair asked me at the end of the day if I had been scared off - no way! Quite the opposite. I found it very motivating - both to get my costume finished so I can get out there and troop (those in costume are the rock stars, we humble wranglers are the roadies) as well as to continue wrangling and get better at it so I'm an asset to the troops. Cheers everyone for making it a great first event to be involved in. And my son Bailey had a great day too - he couldn't stop talking about how awesome Whitey's RC costume was. A future Redback in the works I think.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Great troop, as always, had a blast. Awesome effort by everyone, thanks for a great day.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Was good fun!, good learning curve to got a rough idea how to deal with sugar high kid's haha Smile
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
Great troop ^_^
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
I love trooping with you guys it is always very rewarding and also we get to have a great time. Smile
GCSN16 >> GCSN18  
DW2016 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18
BN15 >> SN18
Was an awesome troop can't wait to do it all over again
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 336 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Bray Park State School Fete Wrexham 4 439 Tuesday 12-Sep-2023, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Dark Dora
Troop Report Toowoomba East School Fete 2021 Bolt_2112 5 1,892 Tuesday 14-Sep-2021, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Slide Effect