Troop Report 
Date:
26th September 2015

Venue:
Coles Cannon Hill, Kmart Plaza

Time:
1000 - 1400

Mission:
To raise awareness and funds for Hummingbird house, to sell some cakes, and look awesome

Trooper Attendance:
- 50180 - Donut (TK)
- 7931 - Kieran (TK)
- 4943 - Rubber (TD)

Support Crew:
- MyKill

Scotty was signed up to attend as a BH, but his absence left us to assume that he had been ambushed by rebel spys en-route to the location.

Funds raised for hummingbird house:
Unsure on exact number, but if I heard correctly, $500+
Edit: New figures provided to me indicate that almost $1000 was raised! Good work!

Injuries/Malfunctions:
None worth noting

Public Incidents:
None

Photos:
Here are a couple I have been sent, but I'm sure there are a few more out there:
http://s737.photobucket.com/user/_kjs_/s...rd%20house

Troopers trying out the local dress garb:
[Image: hbh4_zps7qbxzbmj.jpg]
[Image: hbh5_zpsip0msdqa.jpg]

Well, we needed a job after the Death Star got destroyed... again...
[Image: hbh3_zpsuzszofn2.jpg]

And some other event photos:
[Image: hbh2_zpsoduhdl7w.jpg]
[Image: hbh1_zpsnm6hwktw.jpg]

Mission Status:
Success

Details:

Imperial arrival at the venue was between the hours of 0930 and 0945, and armoring up was completed in time to provide security detail for the cake stall.

TK7931 and TK50180 took first detail, making sure the people behaved themselves while shopping, and didn't go into a sugar-fueled frenzy at the sight of all the home-made cakes, cookies, muffins, jelly, crepes, slices, and more.
Shortly after, the security detail made it's way to the sausage sizzle to ensure that the food was being cooked to regulation standards (it was... and it was tasty!).

At 1130 the troopers retreated to their staging room, where TK7931 was replaced by TD4943 for the next detail. It was discovered that many of the locals were enamored with the presence of TD4943, and thought that the condition of his armor meant that he actually did more work then the TKs (pfft, what would they know!). The security detail decided it would be worth scoping out the rest of the store to ensure no rebels were hiding. No rebel traitors were found, however one overly enthusiastic employee chased down TD4943 and insisted on a photo.

At 1230, TK50180 retired, leaving TD4943 in the capable hands of the support team in order to swap places with TK7931, and the security detail continued. It was in this third shift where TD4943 obtained his new name for the rest of the event: "Mr Star Wars", given to him by a young local boy who patiently waited for probably 30 minutes for his mum to come so he could get a photo with the might of the imperial troopers.

At approximately 1330-1400, the security detail signed off, taking with them a sampling of the fine cakes and jelly, provided to them by the local employees.

All in all, a fun little event with a nice little sum of money raised to assist Hummingbird house in it's efforts to help terminally ill children.
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
Great work guys
This is now one of my favorite events ever, not just because of the great company, or the work done for a worthy cause, those go without saying.

But also because this happened:
[Image: IMG_20150926_134514558_zps19mgrio7.jpg]

Hmmmmm, where could this lead.
[Image: IMG_20150926_134519323_zpsi7cop1hx.jpg]

Thanks Kieran.
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Excellent report Kieran.
It was a really good day and we meet some really nice people.
I knew we kept filling the tin and the cake/sweets stall was busy but that's an awesome result.
Thanks everyone for a fun day.
Great result. Good work guys.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Great job all.

Far out, that's a massive amount raised.
Rubber, should change your custom user title to "Mr. Star Wars" :P
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
Hahahaha Mr Star Wars!! Great troop report and the funds raised was outstanding for such a small amount of time. Thank you Rubber for my cupcakes and frog in a pond Smile great work guys
Great work guys
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
(Saturday 26-Sep-2015, 09:36 PM)kieran Wrote:  Rubber, should change your custom user title to "Mr. Star Wars" :P
Nice thought mate but "Mr Star Wars" is my Dad. Smile
I'm just Rubber.
Great effort well done guys!
Great job Smile
GCSN16 >> GCSN18  
DW2016 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18
BN15 >> SN18
Great stuff guys....loooove cupcakes!!!
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
I took some home, and didn't get one! Apparently I should have called dibs before I put them in the fridge.
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hummingbird House - Honour Guard Donut 3 6,724 Monday 19-Jun-2017, 07:58 PM
Last Post: iamanna91
Troop Report Hummingbird House Visit Teiwaz 10 13,801 Friday 24-Mar-2017, 06:36 AM
Last Post: BigDub
Troop Report Hummingbird House World Hospice Day Altair 15 20,920 Tuesday 13-Oct-2015, 12:28 AM
Last Post: Diatium