QLD Philharmonia Orchestra John Williams night
Date: December 19th, 2015

Venue: Old Museum, Bowen Hills

Time: 7pm

Mission: To have Star Wars characters present to mingle with guests prior to the concert and during the intermission, as well as being involved during the performance of several pieces from the original score from the first six Star Wars films.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG:

Beanie - FOTK
Xenotrap - Darth Nihilus
Mykill - ID
Donut: TK

Details:
Mykill was the first to arrive and was soon joined by Xenotrap, Donut and Beanie.
The change area we were allocated was a huge ballet practice hall, which gave a ton of room for lightsaber fighting, posing in front of mirrors to look at how attractive we all were, and pacing back and forth.
We were asked to be ready just before 7pm to interact with guests during the pre-show.
Beanie was a natural, leading us in search of BB-8, and checking for tickets.
After a long string of photos, selfies and crowd interaction, all the guests made their way inside to hall.

The first songs performed were classics including themes from Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Superman and E.T.
We waited in our change area during this time, and didn't realise how sound proof the building actually is.
We were waiting for the concert to start, when finally Xenotrap and Donut snuck out to find the first part of the concert was almost complete.
We managed to catch the end of the E.T. theme.

We went out to interact with guests during the intermission and were informed that we were wanted to be standing guard at the front of the stage during the Star Wars section of music. We were told there'd be three songs.

After intermission we went to the front of the stage as the second section of the concert began.
The three songs turned into about six or seven, and we stood guard for well over an hour before the conductor appeared as Darth Vader to perform the Imperial March.

Once that was done, we made a hasty exit to get de-kitted.

Beanie and Mykill took a wrong turn and ended up outside the building. Donut tried to open the door to let them in, but couldn't bend down in his armour to pull up the bolt on the door.
After a quick de-kit, the bolt was lifted, only to then discover that the bolt needn't have been lifted at all - the door would have opened anyway.

Charity Funds Raised: N/A

Mission Status: Success.

Thank you to all who trooped!!
Great work. I saw the video, looked great with you guys out the front.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Is the video posted anywhere?

I didn't know orchestras applauded with their feet, makes sense.

[Image: IMG_20151219_175309128_zps2jmhtwed.jpg]
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
It's a worldwide orchestral phenomenon MyKill, the feet applause. Only ever really effective on timber floors though.

I'm surprised you let them in at all Donut! I would have just slid a map of the building under the door :P
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
This is the only video I've found thus far, mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfOCx-6o...e=youtu.be

(Friday 25-Dec-2015, 10:54 AM)MyKill Wrote:  Is the video posted anywhere?

I didn't know orchestras applauded with their feet, makes sense.
Excellent

Couldn't really look at the stage during the performance, so its cool to see it from the audiences perspective.

Thanks mate.
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Great stuff!
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report QSO CINEMATIC 22 - John Williams Birthday Party Donut 5 741 Thursday 19-May-2022, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Diatium
Troop Report 24th May 2014 - Williams 5th Birthday Bullant 0 3,241 Sunday 25-May-2014, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Bullant