Schonell Theatre TFA Movie Troop 23 Jan 2016
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday, 23rd Jan, 2016

Venue: Schonell Theatre, Uni of Qld, Brisbane

Time: 16:00-17:00

Mission: To add some Star Wars magic to an afternoon session of The Force Awakens at the Schonell Theatre. The theatre advertised for patrons to dress up and prizes were given for costumes, SW snacks were available at the Akbar snack bar.

Trooper Attendance:
501st:
Diatium – TK
Squirtle – Scout
Beanie – Snowtrooper
Slide Effect – Reserve Pilot
Buzzard – Imperial Officer

RL:
Stormraven – Jedi
Rebelrach – Jedi

Galactic Academy
Sneaka – Jawa
Darkstar – Mini Vader

Details: A steamy Dagobah type afternoon with pending storms greeted the troopers as they assembled for the troop. Air con was a little limited in the complex foyer but the green room (actually a green room) change area was a little cooler. The theatre manage took a few troopers on a quick tour backstage of the old theatre which was really interesting.

Patron numbers were unknown but troopers were ready. Around 4pm troopers emerged and began patrolling the area, scaring bemused uni folk and targeting a local pizza shop, looking for trouble makers. Plenty of photos were taken as movie goers trickled in. A whole family of 5 were dressed up, Dad Vader, mum Leia and Rey, Poe, Vader and Stormtrooper kids! A few others dressed up and we saw plenty of new and vintage SW t-shirts too. Great little fun crowd, lots of folks trying on Jedi robes and acting out secret desires to wield a light saber and meet troopers! Rumours of a secret budding romance between Diatium and Jedi Deb the theatre manager are unfounded (we all know that is forbidden).

Just before the movie screening at 5.15pm Squirtle and Rebelrach joined Deb to help give out a few prizes and posters to the best dressed. One girl identified as dressing as Han Solo didn’t realise the prize was for her as she said ‘But I’m not dressed up as Han Solo’. Oops.

Troopers de-kitted and some headed off to beat the storm, but most stayed on to watch the movie – again - in the lovely ‘star ceiling’ theatre.

A big thanks to the troopers, especially GA kids Seb and Xavier who endured very humid conditions but naturally took it all in their stride.
Thank you to Deb and Rob the theatre staff who looked after us and took a few of us for a back stage tour of the theatre also. The Schonell is a great venue with a lot of history and a pleasant change to the big chain cinemas to watch movies.

Charity Funds Raised: Nil

Injuries / Malfunctions: NIL

Public Incidents: NIL.

Mission Status: Success! The event was fun and relaxed and lots of happy patrons (you really can’t beat the smiles on kids big and small when they see us!) and the event organisers were very grateful we attended.

Photos:

Galactic Academy represents….
[Image: 1f4d5bcf-a6ea-4f32-b1ed-94e8c2095d56_zpscwvzjx3w.jpg]

The Schonell Performance Theatre
[Image: IMG_2733_zpsgc0hhtzm.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2734_zpsnysrc7ld.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2742_zpsj6cqz9yg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2743_zpsfv6fitni.jpg]

Why so serious?
[Image: IMG_2750_zpsxt1bqll9.jpg]

Pizza!
[Image: IMG_2747_zpsnfjflcuc.jpg]

“Gimme an Imperial Iced Tea and an Endor Shake…”
[Image: IMG_2759_zpsdgmg7wfc.jpg]

ID Buzzard on Imperial Point duty
[Image: IMG_2768_zpsx9urh9oh.jpg]

Theatre Manager Jedi Deb getting a hug from Diatium…hmmm…
[Image: IMG_2757_zpsuieu2auy.jpg]

A great theatre to watch the movie in

[Image: IMG_2775_zpsz2sr3xgh.jpg]
Great job guys - as usual. Looks like your attendance was very much appreciated (great cinema) - so sorry we were unable to make it at the last minute. Looking forward to joining the next troop as soon as I'm fully "operational" again.
Great fun little troop can't wait for another!
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
it was a fun night and that was my 8th and a half viewing, keeps getting better with viewing.

as for the Han girl i had no idea that was the case... lol... Guess Han is a new style at the Unis these days.

thanks all!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Great work all, look like fun.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Good job team, looked like a fun afternoon!
Great job troops , nice work .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Looking good doing well. Onya troops.
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Great job!
Great work, well done!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great work guys! Looks like everyone had loads of fun!
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
Great work everyone.

Really wishing I could have made it.

But work pays better than trooping, sigh...
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19