Bargara QLD 4670

Time:
4:30pm for a 5:30pm Start

Mission:
To walk in the Light the Night event.

Trooper Attendance:
22372 - Arienh - Sandtrooper (TD)
22422 - Baytrooper - Snowtrooper (TS)
37781 - DarkFather - ROTJ Darth Vader (SL)
10600 - BigDub - TIE Pilot (TI)
21431 - Jayoz - Stormtrooper (TK)

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
30207 - Phantomblade
2070 - CREY (Galactic Academy)
Snap - Cadet

Details:
Clear skies, and the beach front of Bargara in all it's sunbathed glory is what greeted Troopers of the 501st for this years Light the Night walk for the Leukaemia Foundation. Shuttles were dispatched from North and South of the location to join Lord Vader at the event.

TIE Pilot BigDub commandeered Shuttle 257 and stopped by Baytroopers domicile to load the Snowtrooper and his gear into the vehicle. All the while, both Troopers seemed unaware of a young Jakkunian stowed away in the hold. Obviously both Troopers require a refresher on security protocol training, or simply a good force choking. Shuttle 456 carrying DarkFather and Arienh only required a small trip as the event was being held in their sector. Phantomblade arrived at the event before all the other troopers in Shuttle 938, causing Lord Vader to enquire about the engine system and boosters in that particular shuttle. Our furthest travelled Trooper for this event was Jayoz. He and Snap travelled down from the North some 2+ Hours away, aboard Shuttle 605, to assist in crowd control and provide us with another armoured Trooper.
[Image: 20161007_174428_zps3fnwylit.jpg]

Intel on the event and location reported no Rebel activity in the region, but weapons were still required. Luckily, we were armed enough so that the little Jakkunian was kept under control. Plus she was just so cute, we had to allow her to join us. Wink

The locals had a cantina band playing and ration stores set up in the vicinity to keep people entertained. The music also entertained Baytrooper, BigDub, and CREY, and even Lord Vader was caught in a rare moment of merriment. An out of uniform ISB officer caught footage of it, but attempts to quash the release of the video failed. 

Link to Video Feed

We were once again welcomed by the locals at this event, and many photo's were taken of our Troopers with younglings and their parents alike. Part of our mission, to bring entertainment to the people at the walk, and the other part of course to help raise funds and awareness, once again was a success. The organiser for the Bundaberg area, Sue Ellen, thanked us once again, and we were able to catch her momentarily for a photo with our members.
[Image: 20161007_175402_zpsswply3re.jpg]

This year, the weather was perfect, there were no health or armour reasons to stop all the members doing the full walk in full costume.
[Image: 20161007_185317_zpsewnfwvqc.jpg]

The procession wasn't as big as last year, but the event still managed to raise over $10,000 in total from the Bundaberg region. A great outcome.

We couldn't end an event without the post-troop eats, so we headed to the Brother's Sports Club as a last minute decision. Unfortunately Phantomblade was unable to join us as she had prior engagements.
[Image: 14593568_10153786996560443_736507259_n_zpsdh90xkpl.jpg]

Special Mention; Yes we all travel 1 and 1/2 hrs + when north of Gympie, to get to troops. But I would like to thank Jayoz and Snap for making their 2+ hour trip. It was Jayoz's first official 501st Redbacks troop since his approval, and Snap's first time Wrangling, with help from Phantomblade, our motley Widebay group. It's great that we can accommodate our more northern members with trooping opportunities, and Arienh and I hope to return the trooping favor next year at the Gladstone Pop Con. Again, I just wanted to say congrats to Jayoz for his 1st official approved 501st troop, and thank you to both Jayoz and Snap for making the trip down to Bundaberg.

A shout out to CREY also. She attended the troop straight after school, 3hrs total of car travel as well as trooping non-stop from 4:30pm-8:30pm. She was extremely well behaved (even if a little shy and quiet around Lord Vader  Wink ), and having BigDub's GA membered kids with us gives us a more approachable look, I think. Anyway, a shout out to you CREY, you did an awesome job and your dad should be proud.

Charity Funds Raised:
$294.00

Injuries / Malfunctions:
Apart from the usual armour bites and a blister or two, nothing noteworthy.

Public Incidents:
Zero.

Mission Status:
Complete Success!

Photos:
Link to DarkFather's Photobucket Album
Link to Jayoz's FB Photos.
No screaming children. So the troop wasn't quite a success :P
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
Great report!!
Vicky and I both enjoyed the evening and thank you
For making us feel welcome and helping us settle into our 501st Redback troop

Look forward to the next troop and hopefully meeting more
Redback members

JayOz
What an outstanding report mate. Very funny. Mia has been telling her brothers all weekend how good the troop was. What a fun event. Great location, challenging mission and great troopers
It must be noted there was very nearly an incident when shuttle 257 turned up 20 minutes early to pick up the slightly sleepy snowy. I feel if the Eweb was armed my shuttle would have been blown up.
DW2017 Tie OCC2017
[Image: xkUIaO4.jpg]
Great report there Darkafather Smile Well done Redbacks
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Great work Troopers!
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
Great report and a great troop. Twas good to meet JayOz and Snap. Both fit in perfectly. The MiniDubs are always a hit and Mia once again showed how cool she is and trooped like a champion.
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Great report DarkFather!
Congratulations on your first troop Jayoz!
Razorbacks for the win yet again!
Great work guys Wink
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
(Sunday 9-Oct-2016, 10:06 AM)BigDub Wrote:   It must be noted there was very nearly an incident when shuttle 257 turned up 20 minutes early to pick up the slightly sleepy snowy. I feel if the Eweb was armed my shuttle would have been blown up.

BigDub is lucky indeed. I had not given the shuttle clearance to arrive at such a ludicrous time Hehehe  Lucky it was only me he was picking up, The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Nice one guys, not as good as the Mackay one obviously but good none the less Wink
Automatic doors make me feel like a jedi 

DW2016   DW2017 DW2018 DW2019
[Image: Q8GkS6o.jpg]
Well done guys!
"Purple alert! Purple alert!"  What`s a purple alert?" "Well, it`s not as bad as a red alert, but a bit worse than a blue alert... sort of a mauve alert."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Light The Night - Mackay 2019 TripleSix 1 1,954 Sunday 13-Oct-2019, 03:28 PM
Last Post: pecklez
  Light the night Mackay TripleSix 9 7,886 Monday 29-Oct-2018, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Imperial Drone
  Light The Night, Townsville Red Empress 8 8,773 Monday 9-Oct-2017, 07:11 PM
Last Post: muppet