Oz Comic-Con Brisbane 2017
Troop Report 
Date: 23rd & 24th September 2017

Venue: Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre

Time: 9am-6pm each day

Mission: To have a fun weekend, raise money for Kidney Health Australia and show the local pop culture community how awesome the Redbacks are!

Trooper Attendance: Too many for this guy to type out! You know who you are... you were there after all Smile

Charity Funds Raised: $3213.30 (at this stage.... a few more dollars to come)

Injuries / Malfunctions: None to report.

Public Incidents: None to report.

Mission Status: A total success! Kidney Health Australia is once again very appreciative for all of the Garrison's support and sends this message: "We are so proud to have you as our supporters. Your generous donation will help many affected by kidney disease.". Mission accomplished!

Details/Photos:

What a weekend! Great fun and great result for KHA. We also got featured on the official Star Wars facebook page Smile

Here is the group pic from Saturday. A full scale X-Wing!!!

[Image: wojsXeg.jpg]
Well done to those who worked hard to pull this off and make it a successful weekend , thanks to Altair and his team for a great event .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Well done everyone and we got some good publicity that helps build momentum for smaller troops elsewhere and Nova.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
====================================================================
Proud Redback Garrison member, Redback Alliance member and Tatooine Base CO
Great work guys. Another successful convention for us.
Well done Altair and everyone, we had a great time on the weekend. Pity we couldn't keep that x-wing!
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Well done to everyone, my youngest was really looking forward to seeing the "Sormpoopers" and she had a ball getting photos with everyone. Thanks for all the hard work that went into the troop, I look forward to getting more involved [Image: eb1328543a1c12c83d6f93c0eb183c22.jpg][Image: f43d4210cfbde51c2814217c9a3e6778.jpg][Image: 2dc8a605f1b154f236aca7b79317d59c.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Another great Con well done everyone  Peace
GCSN16 >> GCSN18  
DW2016 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18
BN15 >> SN18
What a great weekend! Thanks to Altair and Sly for doing all the hard yards to set this up (and for organizing more change rooms at the last minute) and to all the troopers who turned up and trooped (and wrangled) hard to make this yet another successful con for the Redbacks
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
I for one had an awesome time at OCC. Thank you to Altair and Sly for all the hard work put in to this, especially the changeroom fiasco late Friday evening. Great work guys getting the extra rooms at the last minute.

Congratulations to all the troopers not part of the OCC POC contingent, that had to make the trek to the other end of the convention center before and after your runs at trooping and wrangling. I have to admit, and I did mention this to multiple people on the Saturday... I was extremely impressed with the fact that there were always troopers manning all the booths and wranglers - all day Saturday. I don't know if you guys were working your own roster from up the other end or not, but a HUGE KUDO'S to ALL of you. It was very impressive (to me anyway) how you were all replacing each other with perfect timing. Very impressed indeed.

Champion effort put in by Wendell also. Dude you trooped liked a machine. 1st con excitement and adrenaline? Hahaha. Whatever it was, you were working it. I had a great time playing Vader and Kylo off've each other and having the whole family thing working. We rocked. Wink Look forward to doing it all again with you at BrisNova.

All told, an awesome weekend. Can't wait to catch up with everyone again at BrisNova.
Massive thank you to Altair, Sly and Imperial Drone for an amazing OCC! My first con troop and I had a blast. Very much excited for BrisNova now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am so glad I found you and didn't kill you.
Tusken 
B2B 
OCC18 (BARELY!)
I really enoyed my weekend trooping with everybody at OCC. I love this photo. 
[Image: Gr6vwKR.jpg]
Great work team, another awesome result and a wonderful weekend to boot.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Oz Comic Con Homegrown Brisbane - March 2022 satel 14 1,509 Thursday 19-May-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: TripleSix
Troop Report Sat 16-Dec-2017 - Brisbane Special Children's Christmas Party Cre8tiv 9 9,081 Tuesday 19-Dec-2017, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Imperial Drone
Troop Report Brisbane Supanova 2017 Teiwaz 14 12,764 Saturday 18-Nov-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: BigDub