DW2011 Troop Report
Troop Report 
Date: 19th and 20th of February 2011

Venue: Dreamworld on the Gold Coast, QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA.

Time: 0630 – 1830 Saturday
0630 – 2100 Sunday

Mission: To raise money for the Flood victims of Queensland by collecting donations for the Premiers Appeal. To amaze and wow kids of all ages with an awesome display of trooper numbers, lightsaber duelling and just being totally awesome.

Trooper Attendance: To be added as it is a really long list!!!!!

Guest Trooper Attendance: See trooper attendance.

Support Crew: See trooper attendance again haha.

Detail: This is the second year that we have been invited to Dreamworld. This year we had to change charities due to the current natural disasters that have occurred here in Queensland. This year was different though as DW wanted to make it a two day event. We gladly obliged.

Injuries: There were the usual nips and bites from our beloved armour. Kit rolled her ankle on Saturday and the Deltorn thought he would do the same on Sunday. Can anyone say copycat? SuperAzzaâ€s sunburn was quite epic and the worst of the lot of us. Many of us were suffering from dehydration to some degree. Goliath the crocodile copped a chin whack when he missed his chicken. Our Jedi vs Sith battle group whacked and kicked and head butted themselves all over the battlefield. Ray opened up the side of his eye thanks to Dracoâ€s blade. Remember Ray, head versus lightsaber, lightsaber wins.

Malfunctions: Bits and pieces were all over the shop. Moxxxie had her lightsaber batteries come out in the battle, draco had his arm armour fly off. The heat played havoc on the glue. I lost my press studs on both my Nova and Magma trooper armour. The most dramatic was Triggerhappyâ€s shoulder bells flying off on the Moto Coaster. Both bells were recovered safely.

Public Incidents: None that I was aware of. From what I saw a lot of people came to see us and had an absolute blast. The worst thing that people were upset about was when the lightsabers were sold out. I did hear that some unscrupulous, I must say low lifeâ€s were buying the sabers from us for the $2 donation and then selling them to other people for $10. Hopefully karma will get them.

Mission Status: 100% a complete success. People were happy, DW were happy, troopers were exhausted. There are a few things that will have to be addressed for DW2012 and they will be over the next few weeks. This is still a learning experience and we will be better for it. Congratulations troopers. You made this event rock!!!!

Photos: There are many threads for all the photos and videos. A full CD will be done this year but it will take a couple of months to complete. Anyone who is interested can put their name on the thread that will be specifically created for this.

On a personal note I would like to thank the following troopers. You have all thanked people that have stood out for you and I would like to do the same. Forgive me if I omit anyone it will not be intentional. It was a massive weekend and it was a bit of a blur.

First off I would like to thank Kev. He let me run with idea and then backed me up every step of the way paving the way with Lucas Film and letting all the other Garrisons around the world know about this event. Anytime I needed advice or a helping hand he was there. Cheers boss.

Moxxxie and Cobra. Cobra for being a good mate and backing me up when I needed something and for letting me take up a lot of his time with Moxxxie with my many questions and plans of attack. Moxxxie for helping me where ever she could and helping me with being so tech stoopid.

Muppet for again having to plow through the many new troopers that needed to be approved for the event and for the troopers getting new costumes approved.

Scotty for his merch experience and the many questions that will lead to some cool stuff in the very near future. Plus those Old Time Photos are priceless!!!!

Wolf and Kit. Thanks for going above and beyond on this troop. From the many decals and signs you put together to the eskies filled with that vital liquid needed by all. Wolf thanks for being my map guy. It makes life easier having that on the thread.

Mouldman. Not only did you host a party (that I couldnâ€t get to dammit) for the troopers to mingle before the event but you put some massive hours in on both days in armour when others were starting to fall.

Ray and Draco. You two guys really put a shining light on both days with your lightsaber duel. The fight was amazing (even though the jedi won) and not a person walked away going “geez that was crap”. The time and the effort you put in was well worth it and I hope you are willing to do it again. We would be lucky if you did.

The lightsaber fight team. Trillia, Hoppy, Moxxxie, SuperAzza. Well done to you all. Even with the heat blaring you all out did yourselves. To pick up the choreography like you did was well done. You made most professional fight teams look very average. Awesome.

Trillia and Cutter. Tril you stayed in your little Kitty cat for a phenomenal amount of time on both days. Next year we will have a long straw ready for you. Cutter your help on both days was much appreciated. Though you wanted to be in armour you took one for the team and ran odd jobs for me or spruked at the photo stand. You both turned up early and really gave your all.

Beanie. We need a personality to sell tickets and when Cutter wasnâ€t there you were. Even the DW staff commented on you and your selling style. Thanks for stepping up there. I hope you got all the patches you wished for at the trade fest at the foosball table.

Milana the Fairy aka Purplelina. Thanks again for your support and having the Australian Face Painting Company there again this year. You had a lot on your plate this weekend (more than most will know) yet you still came on Sunday and painted every face you could. The amount of charity events that you do is huge yet you still let this cheeky bugger from the entertainment department talk you into this. You will always be my favourite fairy. Crypto thanks for being her personal bodyguard and helping her when you could with the rattle can. She loved your help.

FX Guy and Lestat. Mark you really outdid yourself with helping Moxxxie with her make up and general running around to help me out. Lestat with just sorting stuff out and volunteering for whatever was needed. Good one guys.

Wilza. Your job was to wrangle and that is what you did and then some. You were always helping someone or on the photo stand. Great work mate.

Jaster, Yub Yub, Jimnicricket, Deltorn. You mob just kept going all weekend. Whether in armour or wrangling you just kept going. If you were at a loose end then you would come and ask me if I need something done.

Bec and Larissa my DW photographers. You girls just didnâ€t stop. Hours upon hours of standing there taking photos and running back to download them and you didnâ€t complain. Even when Lord Vader stood you up for an hour and guests were ready to lynch you, you just smiled and kept going (though I am sure you were about to bash me if he failed to come out).

To all our Redback photographers/wranglers. Calamity, Kevtrooper, Seantrooper, Rays brother (sorry mate forgot your name). In amongst snapping pictures you also helped whenever you could and whenever I asked. Thanks a heap.

The Droid and Prop builders club. Although all I could do was buy some materials this time around you guys and gal put in the hard hours and made a most wonderful back drop that helped set the tone for the photoâ€s being sold. We had a real area to take photos and it showed by the amount sold (well over 200 we think). Kev you even took time off to get them ready for the day. Monster effort!!

Tachyon. Over the past few months many discussions about backdrops, costumes and ideas were passed between us. On the day even though Sunday you were knackered you just kept asking if there was anything you could do and you just did it. Thanks pal.

Jabbathenutt and G-edi. For a couple of interstate troopers you guys did alright haha. Both of you just stayed out and trooped all day long. When needed you were there and you just showed how much you really enjoyed being there. It was a pleasure trooping with you both.

Dracos better half Mel and Phantoms better half Bec. Thanks for helping where you could. Mel you just got in and had fun and did a great wrangling job. Bec when you made people clean up you made my day. Neither of you had to do anything but you are part of the Redback family and that is what we are about.

Hoppy. We do take the mickey out of you sometimes mate and you do take it in good humour but you did a great job on the weekend. Top effort mate.

Sniper, Hot cross buns!!!! Need I say more.

To the interstate troopers. At great cost for you all, you decided to come up or across and join us banana benders in a troop that was made awesome by having you there. We all hope that you will be back next year and that you enjoyed you time with the Redback Garrison. Hopefully we will see you at an event down your way very soon.

To the Rebel Scum. Yes I said it again but it is with a great respect and appreciation. Thanks you for coming from all over the country and being a part of this. We are more than happy to have to you come back next year. You are now very much a part of this event now.

GA kids. Nice one guys. From what I saw you were pretty well behaved and willing to get to where you had to be on time. Canâ€t wait to see you next year.

To DW and the staff that helped out during the day. Rob and Suzy Q on the gates, Hannah and Aaron on the tech box, Rodney and Kym as the daily supervisors. A big shout out to Marianna from the Candy and Nut shop who got us the lightsabers to sell, the prizes to raffle and the lolly bags to give away all in her own time. Toni and Troy my bigger bosses and of course Rob Buchannan. The big guy at DW that decided that he would let me give this crazy idea a go.

Whew!!! Well I think that is about it (beat that post Kev). DW2012 is already underway believe it or not. Rob Buchannan has already emailed me asking questions. No rest for the wicked. Please do not feel slighted if you werenâ€t mentioned in this post. This is all I can remember at the moment.
When it comes down to it just being there at an event like this and having fun, meeting new people is the main thing. We are here to raise money and to have a great time and to be F@#$ing Awesome!!!!!!!Peace

I hope to see you all and many more next year.
Apok out
Great report, Mate.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
yes i have too agree with scotty on this one. can't wait too see the list of trooper that attended.
[Image: FirstAirCavBumberSticker.jpg]

:dw11:
:sn11:

Awesome report Apok.
It hasn't been easy.
Awesome report Adam.

Now if we can just get someone to wrangle the weather...... Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Well written Adam, bring on DW2012
Great report Adam on a great weekend...bring on DW2012 I say Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Awesome Troop report Adam! 2012 can only be better! Thanks for heading up the organizing committee for this fantastic troop!
[Image: sterb104.gif]
Awesome report F#$!ing Awesome Troop Doppeldaumen1

Whats that???? 150 Troopers for DW2012 ????Aaaah
great report... awesome work APOK!

I'll add a malfunction: My TK ear came off Hehehe (but was glued back on shortly after)

Can't wait for 2012!
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
What can I say but FANTASTIC! great work mate
(Tuesday 22-Feb-2011, 11:27 PM)APOK Wrote:  Beanie. We need a personality to sell tickets and when Cutter wasnâ€t there you were. Even the DW staff commented on you and your selling style. Thanks for stepping up there. I hope you got all the patches you wished for at the trade fest at the foosball table.

you know what i didnt know if i may any difference or not and had no idea if u saw me or heard me but thanks mate! i hope it was good comments from DW staff about my selling style...???

just dont mention my armour fails and forgetting my eps for the admiral at home on sunday.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
great report APOK.
Is it possible to move this report to the troop report area? it's just that people who aren't 501st can not see it here and there were a few at DW
Economical Assault Trooper
(Wednesday 23-Feb-2011, 06:35 PM)Lestat Wrote:  great report APOK.
Is it possible to move this report to the troop report area? it's just that people who aren't 501st can not see it here and there were a few at DW

that's me! Wink

Great report adam! It was an absolute blast.

BRING ON DW 2012!!!
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Great report mate and congrats and thanks for all your hard work. Kev told me we now have 60 Redbacks - maybe 150 for next year is not so far fetched!! Cool.
TK-TEX
FOR THE EMPIRE !

"You don't know what the world looks like until you put a helmet on"
Rick Stafford....Heart of an Empire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 389 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 662 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,566 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops