Redlands Bayside Relay For Life
Troop Report 
Event: Redlands Relay 4 Life

Date: 4th and 5th of June

Venue: Redlands Showground - Cleavland

Time: 1000-0900

Mission: Raise money for cancer research as well as awareness.

Trooper Attendance:

501st Legion
The Scotsman
Muppet
Draco
kieran
Moxxxie
Chief
TheWolf
Kitiara
Jimcricket
Tanna
cobra
Jaggered
Phantom
crypto

Rebel Legion
Hopfot
Tirilia
The Sniper

Cadets
Deimos161
Super_Trooper
Tai

Guest Trooper Attendance: bigmac, Beanie, SideshowMel, Cutter.

Support Crew: Various. We all pitched in to support each other.

Detail:

0900 saw the arrival of The Scotsman. As Team Captain, he needed to scout ahead and make sure his fellow troopers had a clear and safe landing area for their shuttles.

1000 was when Hopfot arrived. The Scotsman thought it best not to open fire straight away. But allow the Rebels to setup their base camp right next to the imperial base. Which was still on it's way. Once established, it would be within easy striking distance and we would rout these Rebels once and for all.

Throughout the morning Troopers were arriving. It was a great site to see our base expanding as reinforcements deployed. Soon almost everything was ready........... Moxxxie!!

Our fearless Ventress (Moxxxie) had an entanglement with some Bothan spies. They had infiltrated her operations center and disabled her vital systems. Mainly the air compressor pump among a string of other things. Fortunately, Moxxxie was able to send a Stormtrooper Commander (cobra) to break the blockade surrounding the Imperial fleet. And it is with great pleasure that I can now report that many Bothans died as a result of cobra's mission. As we would expect no less.

Back at the Relay (Main Mission), the opening ceremony had begun. It started with the "Survivors Lap". We were led by our "Survivors". The Scotsman, Muppet and TheWolf. After the first lap all the Troopers assembled at the base of the ramp leading up to the "Survivors Afternoon Tea". This is when The Scotsman asked who had a second hand on their watch. TheWolf obliged. The Scotsman then produced his Challenge coin and challenged all of the assembled Troopers. Even though almost everyone was wearing a bucket, The Scotsman could see the blood draining from their faces. Not one of them had their coin on them. HAHAHA!!! Beer for me.. Yum Yum. (TheWolf did buy The Scotsman a couple of beers and they were very apreciated. Everyone else, you owe me a drink. Wink )

Who is that TB???

The Scotsman, Muppet and TheWolf went up to have afternoon tea that had been put on by the ladies of Zonta. Meanwhile, the other Troopers began the long march. Most notably, Jaggered and our Mystery TB both put in a phenomenal effort. And for a while there it looked like neither of them were going to get out of armour.

BTW: The Mystery TB can now be reviled as Cadet Super_Trooper.

With the blockade broken, Moxxxie and cobra arrived ready to complete the next phase of the mission.

The photo-booth was set up and preparations were made for the SVJ fight.

When the fight was over it was amazing to see how many people were standing around wanting to watch episodes V and VI. And then of course the prequels I, II and III. But what they did get to see was amazing. they were blown away. Awesome work, Team.

There were many great moments throughout the night. Too many to mention. All I can say is that if you want to know what went on the other night. Get along to the next one next year. Wink

Let us now skip to the end of the event.

It is great to note that everyone pitched in to break down the camp. Also, a few Troopers stayed behind and helped with the event clean-up too. Thank you, Troopers. This is what makes us the best Garrison there is.

A special mention goes to Jaggered. Congratulations on your first troop in your armour. You showed true Redback spirit throughout the entire night. Well done! Doppeldaumen1
[Image: DSCF2723.jpg]

Charity Funds Raised: $4,630 so far. This is a running total as there are still funds that need to be deposited from various sources. I'll update this as soon as more funds clear.

Injuries: Sleep was the only victim.

Malfunctions: None reported, as yet.

Public Incidents: The Relayers were struck dumb by our awesomeness.

Mission Status: Complete Success.

Photos:

[Image: DSCF2718.jpg]
LINK 1

LINK 2
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Awesome report Scotty. I'll have to get to work on a Rebel report. Or just copy these plans and have an astromech droid deliver them to the Rebels. :P
Great report, Scotty...

I was so glad to get there, after all the trouble with the blockade. If one more thing had gone wrong, I would have cracked the worlds biggest dummy-spit!!! As it was, the Jedi were lucky I didn't chop them to pieces in the fight!!

Big congrats to Jags! Awesome troop, mate! You looked awesome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
great work too all that attended this event. Doppeldaumen1
[Image: FirstAirCavBumberSticker.jpg]

:dw11:
:sn11:

I sustained a injury to my knee while doing my 1.5hr stint and now have to get X-rays :'(.

Was a fantastic event and I highly recommend it to everyone to do. Sleep? Who needs it? Wait I passed out for a bit there lol
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Great report, im suprised there weren't more injuries caused by the state of the track.
Well done Redbacks
Good report.

Great troop.

Well done Jag...mate you were like the engergizer bunny...you kept going and going and going. Doppeldaumen1

Rick all your statements about beers and steaks in the 501st and you rock up with cookies. HeheheLolHehehe....by the way they were to die for.

Well done to all. Peace

Scotty you forgot to put me and Tai down as attending.Smile
Awesome work guys and girls.

Looks like you all had a good time.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Great report Scotty.
Well done everyone.
Jag & Deimo and our mystery TB put in a super effort. Jag on his first troop what an initiation I don't think he wanted to get his armour off. Deimo with all his running around, help and photo work excellent stuff mate. Ray king of the kids...it feels great in armour instead of the bath robe doesn't it Smile
I had a ball and would have walked around more if I didn't have a few probs with the armour.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Awesome report Scotty, and awesome troop. Had an absolute ball, and for some reason the kids did seem to love walking with me. I picked up 5 new little "sisters" on Saturday, and I'm still not sure how it happened.

Doing the Zumba in TB was the best fun too, and it was great to hear the crowd's appreciation of seeing the REDBACKS boogy down with the best of them. I think we made a massive impact on everyone there and I am sure we will become a favourite at R4L in the future, if we aren't already.

I enjoyed walking the track, and everyone was really supportive and encouraging. I had a problem with the visor fogging almost as soon as I put on my bucket, which made it difficult to walk the track, but I look forward to doing it all again next year ...
soz I had to run before saying 'bye' to most of ya, mum turned up a little earlier then expected...

Was a good weekend, had a blast (and twisted my ankle as well)
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
(Monday 6-Jun-2011, 10:28 AM)kieran Wrote:  soz I had to run before saying 'bye' to most of ya, mum turned up a little earlier then expected...

I'm looking forward to seeing the thousand pics you took ...
(Monday 6-Jun-2011, 10:38 AM)Super_Trooper Wrote:  
(Monday 6-Jun-2011, 10:28 AM)kieran Wrote:  soz I had to run before saying 'bye' to most of ya, mum turned up a little earlier then expected...

I'm looking forward to seeing the thousand pics you took ...

Only just uploaded them all to my computer and am going through them now lol
Can't wait to wade through all the pics...the staff here at work want to see some too...have given them a teaser of some of the pics that are already up Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
(Monday 6-Jun-2011, 10:57 AM)Phantom Wrote:  Can't wait to wade through all the pics...the staff here at work want to see some too...have given them a teaser of some of the pics that are already up Smile

Pressure is on to upload them now lol, they should be upsoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Relay For Life Sunshine Coast GaugeRage 0 1,780 Thursday 5-Sep-2019, 04:11 PM
Last Post: GaugeRage
Troop Report Launching Relay For Life - Kawana 2019 GaugeRage 0 2,209 Thursday 5-Sep-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: GaugeRage
  Relay For Life Promo/Fundraiser - Kawana: May 4th sharpshooter2231 0 1,646 Thursday 5-Sep-2019, 02:56 PM
Last Post: sharpshooter2231