Troop Report - 2011 Bridge to Brisbane
Troop Report 
Date:
11/09/11

Sir Leo Hielscher Bridge - South (formerly Gateway Bridge), Murrarie with the finish at the RNA Showgrounds.

Time:
zero dark hundred hrs - until about 0930 hrs

Mission:
1. To participate in, and complete, the 10 km leg of the Bridge to Brisbane.
2. To promote the Empire by looking awesome.
3. To assist Legacy. Legacy is dedicated to caring for the families of deceased veterans and assists more than 100,000 widows and 1,900 children nationally. Their vision is that no Australian veteranâ€s family will ever face the challenges of life alone after the veteranâ€s death and they do whatever it takes to enable families to thrive, despite the loss and sacrifice.

A most worthy charity and deserving of Imperial support.

Trooper Attendance & Support Crew:

Troopers:

APOK
Big Mac
COBRA
Moxxxie
Spacebandit.

Support Crew:

Deltorn - Wrangler
Hopfot - Wrangler & Videographer duty
Kieran (Yub Yub) - Wrangler & Photographer duty

Detail:

The Bridge to Brisbane is one the toughest events that the Redback Garrison participates in. The combination of the very early start, minimal sleep plus the total course distance of 10km, (It's actually around 12km if you include the walking to and from the event), makes this troop suitable for only the battle hardened troopers.

We arrived staggered to the start line arriving between 0400 and 0615.
[Image: B2B_0003.jpg]

From then on, we kept together during the walk, stopping for photos with Imperial supporters along the way. At every KM point, we took a group photos as proof of our awesome achievement, this also gave us a brief rest/ hydration break, it also gave some of the competitors a chance to get a photo or two.
[Image: B2B_0016.jpg]
[Image: B2B_0116.jpg]
[Image: B2B_0200.jpg]

There were the usual colourful competitors, fairies, super heroes on stilts, tinsel covered whatchamacallits as well as Cookie Monster and Elmo... just to name a few. Though as always, the 501st Legion were the main crowd pleasers.
[Image: B2B_0005.jpg]

Heading towards the 7KM point, APOK and Moxxxie once again, in a repeat of last year's walk, started to respond to their body's overwhelming desire to evacuate unwanted stored fluid. They moved with purpose to the port-a-loo station and quickly de-armoured the necessary bits, leaving a pile of plastic parts much to the amusement of onlookers.

While this was happening, the rest of us were doing a great job of flying the Imperial flag, we may even have a new recruit shortly. After this brief, but mission critical stop, we resumed the course powering on.

We crossed the line together shortly after 0900 hours to the pleasure of our imperial fans.
[Image: B2B_0338.jpg]
[Image: B2B_0340.jpg]
[Image: B2B_0344.jpg]

Injuries:

Armour Bites, general fatigue

Malfunctions:

Moxxxie's hand plate came unglued, nothing else was observed or reported

Public Incidents:

Nothing to report

Mission Status:

Complete Success.

Photos:

Lots of photos and Video.
Pics are here, http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...0Brisbane/ Thanks Kieran.

Special mention:

Apok and Space bandit, for travelling from the Gold Coast, (way to represent guys!)
The wranglers, Hopfot and Yub Yub, for their video and photographic skills as well as looking out for us.
To Deltorn, also wrangled but did so with injured ribs. A fantastic effort pushing through the pain barrier and completing the 10km. You displayed a toughness, that very few troopers have. Call it bravery, insanity or more likely, drug assistance. Bravo sir, bravo!

Deltorn, this is for you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ssVT6T3mQ

You're an evil man Rick...

Great troop report and a huge effort from everyone that showed up. It was a grueling troop but a lor of fun none the less. Thanks also to Hopfot and Yub Yub for their videos/ photos.

I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
An evil man indeed, but with a big heart Wink.

Great report Rick. Short sweet and covering all points. I'll have this Video up and running as soon as I can. Just gotta get the high res photos from Kieran. And once I have recovered.

Great work to all that walked, it would be great to get a better turnout of troopers next year. For now I'm sticking to wrangling this one. At least until I can guarantee that my armour will last the distance.
Was good fun, we need more troopers next year!

A total of 349 photos were taken by myself, all are up on the photobucket. Dunno how much video Hoppy got.
Stupid me forgot to check my cameras settings until we were about 2/3 of the way through the course -_- so a couple are overexposed... but anyway...

A few more photo highlights:

The REAL way to drink water in suit
[Image: B2B_0097.jpg]

Dancing away:
[Image: B2B_0113.jpg]

Walking...
[Image: B2B_0121.jpg]

Whats that you say?
[Image: B2B_0148.jpg]

OK!
[Image: B2B_0147.jpg]

CATs... always hopeful...
[Image: B2B_0152.jpg]

Media is always after us:
[Image: B2B_0160.jpg]

[Image: B2B_0199.jpg]
[Image: B2B_0203.jpg]

Anyway... they are all up on Photobucket...
I have the RAWs and Higher resolution JPEGs if anyone wants any.
(Yea hoppy, I'll get em all onto a DVD for ya)
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
Excellent report cobra
Great work guys...well done.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great work guys and an awesome effort. I take me helmet off to you all Smile
Economical Assault Trooper
Well done troopers
Thanks to Moxxxie and Cobra for letting Spacebandit and I to crash up at their place before the walk. That extra hour of sleep helped...a little. Thanks the Hoppy, Yub Yub and Deltorn for doing an awesome job wrangling and documenting this fantastic event. And a big shout out to Spacebandit and Big Mac as well. Our early morning Recon team once more was great to be apart of. Roll on B2B2012!!!!!
hey well done my troopers....

one question....

WHERE THE BIG BLISTERS ON FEET????
or have we evolved from blister with all the walks we do each year now?
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Thanks again to Moxxxie and Cobra for letting APOK & myself to crash at your place before the big day. Loved the Thriller Cat video Hehehe
I survived Dreamworld 2010
:dw11:
DW2012
I maybe short, but my mum always told me all nice things come in small packages
Here is just a short 20seconds of video from the walk. I'll have the rest uploaded once it's complete. Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwygZHrI-gU
(Monday 12-Sep-2011, 10:27 AM)hopfot Wrote:  Here is just a short 20seconds of video from the walk. I'll have the rest uploaded once it's complete. Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwygZHrI-gU

lol, you just see me walking next to them snapping photos XD
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
(Monday 12-Sep-2011, 11:03 AM)kieran Wrote:  lol, you just see me walking next to them snapping photos XD

Doing your job mate Wink good work.
Just had a check on their site and our results should be in by wednesday. Wink

Going by our fastest time (being Rick) last year, Redbacks completed the course in 02:18:46
It would be nice to finish in the sub 2hour category this year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 398 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 667 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,592 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops