Logan Library Sci-Fi Month Finale Day
thats not pretty, thats gansta !!! word ...................bro
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Was a heaps fun troop and even better to put more faces to the names. In awe of some of the armour and costumes everyone hasSmile

Terror
Great troop as always guys. lol 'fett sandwitch' we do have some witty ppl in our group Smile
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
That was an awesome time. We had a lot of freedom there.

Mortogg's new paint job on my Stormtrooper Commander had it's first troop!

---

Don't worry Ma'am, we'll rescue that icecream!

[Image: 077.jpg]

---

We are the Super Friends!

[Image: DSCF5001.jpg]

---

You see smudge over there?

[Image: IMGP2839.jpg]
Great work guys and gals! Looks like you had a great time Doppeldaumen1
Great report Phantom. I really need to get a non weekend working job. Every year this looks like a great troop to do. Great work everybody.
Hi there fellow troopers - well done on the the great show you put on. Here is a email I got from a work college who took her son on a surprise visit to the library.

Dear Perry,
Jack had the best time, he was so excited and took LOTS of photos. He is now pestering me to sign him up as a junior member. He wants my sister to make him a Ewok, Jawa and little Anakin costumes.

Steve (Phantom) was great, Jack loves the Patch and we are now looking for a Star Wars shirt to put it on.

What a great day! The place was packed and all the kids and parents were happy. Jack went to bed very late and didn't stop talking about Darth Maul and Vader and all the other troopers - Im hooked too!

Thanks again to all at the Logan library, I had no idea how much effort you guys put into your club.
Beth (Mum)[/i]

[Image: 7869041406_fc33821e96_z.jpg]
Oh, that boy was great!

He came back for round two for more pictures. Heart
He'd be awesome as an ewok! Too adorable. Doppeldaumen1
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Jack was awesome. He came back many times to get a photo. I am glad he had a great day out.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Ah hey, that's the kid I kneeled in my armour for. Damn that was painful to get that low, but seeing this really made it worth it. Wink
Yeah, I remember seeing jack as well.

He's even a budding photographer, I saw him take a bunch of photos himself.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
(Monday 27-Aug-2012, 08:50 PM)redpaint Wrote:  He's even a budding photographer, I saw him take a bunch of photos himself.

I posed for at least half a dozen solo photos for Jack. Made the entire day worthwhile Smile
(Monday 27-Aug-2012, 08:50 PM)redpaint Wrote:  Yeah, I remember seeing jack as well.

He's even a budding photographer, I saw him take a bunch of photos himself.

Yeah I saw him taking heaps of pics too. Be great to see them.

BN14GCSN15
Just got an email from the library:

Hello all,
I just wanted to pass on my heartfelt thanks for your fantastic efforts once again for our Sci Fi and Fantasy Month and our Finale Day.
I know Amanda would have already sent her thanks, but I just wanted to reiterate on behalf of the entire staff. It is always so rewarding to see our community engaging in activities, and the library buzzing with people. And of course the smiles on everyones faces, including the staff!
Happily it was a hugely successful month, and helped to raise awareness of the value of reading, and the 'escape to undiscovered worlds' that it provides.
Unfortunately I didn't get to speak to all of you, but please know that I sincerely appreciate all that you do to support us, and the cooperation you show Amanda as coordinator.
I hope that we can continue to grow our valued partnerships, and we look forward to seeing you all again next year!

They had 3300 people pass through the library on Saturday, not a many as last year but still impressive.

EDIT: Number of people through the gates on Saturday

BN14GCSN15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logan Library Imagine Expo chopper 11 14,049 Wednesday 31-Aug-2016, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ponchomon
  Logan Library Imagine Expo chopper 16 21,986 Thursday 3-Sep-2015, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report Logan Library SciFi finale day chopper 14 18,524 Thursday 11-Sep-2014, 09:51 AM
Last Post: scoutjockie