Troop Report - 4KQ Variety Special Children's Christmas Party
I had a fantastic time! Thanks everyone for making this troop one of the most rewarding troops I've ever done. Some kids couldn't stop hugging me! I'm definitely there next year
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Amazing work people , disappointed we couldn't be there .with you in spirit at least .
Another great report Rick. To Rick and all the other Wranglers, a big thank you for keeping us safe and reminding us of our fluid and food intakes. It's so easy to forget to have a drink when your having so much fun. Also thanks to those wranglers who took photos for the adults so they could be in them with the kids. You guys did the hard work, we just had to stand their in costume and be pretty, wings and all.
I'm very pleased I made it, even if it was a late notice.
Naaaaaaaaaaawwww RubberTink, I am sure wifey can add to your costume - I have lots of fairy stuff Smile

What an awesome troop, touching the lives of so many children and giving them a memorable christmas.
Great report, wish I could of made it. Oh well will have to add it to the books for next year

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. "They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the Gauntlet of the Republic"

[Image: sig1.jpg]
So glad that the day went well and so bummed that I couldn't make it, as I was previously committed to looking after 88 joeys, cubs and scouts at our annual group camp. Next year I'll make sure the two event don't clash!
great work everyone, the response on the Redbacks Facebook page is very positive from the public!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Such a good troop! The crowds were epic, but the hugs I got once in armour made it all worth it. It was especially rewarding to cuddle babies for photos & show scared little girls that I was a girl too, which made it all ok.

Thanks to everyone who was so very tolerant of my younglings, my mum & dad couldn't come to mind them so Draco & I tag teamed it, & everyone was great about them being all over the change rooms. If Jethro did or touched anything he wasn't supposed to, I apologise & please let me know so we can correct his behaviour.

Love youse all!
CV:sn11::DW11::SN2011v2:DW2012:GCSN12:CVI:DW13:
I had an unbelievable time - the 4KQ event is always a highlight.
I had a few bum-pinches from an overly enthusiastic fan, but other than that, the event went off without a hitch.

Big thank you to Scope for taking the effort to bring in the backdrop for us, and a big thank you to Cobra for negotiating with the event coordinators for us. It's the unseen contributions that make all the differences in these big events!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
That's I am quitting my job and finding one that doesn't work weekends. What an awesome troop!!! Really wish I could have made this one. Love the video and the pics. Great job Redbacks!!!!!
Great report. And another awesome end to a year of troops.

The kids were great as always, highlight for me was 1 family that remembered me from 2 years ago. Back when I had more hair and a thicker beard. Plus I loved the 3 white samoyed dogs, they turned me to goo when I was kneeling down with them and giving them pats. :P
I really enjoyed this troop and im thankful for Tiris help.
Somehow I got a tear in my robes, was probably from all the hugging I did :P
and I need to weigh down my robes, It would seem kids like to lift them up and have a good look under them :P

All in all this is a troop EVERYONE has to do, Its amazing how much fun it is.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Look's like it was a good troop.

Congrats to all the troppers that made it.

Would love to do this one next year.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
I have said it before and I will say it again, This has to be one of the best troops you can do.
We may not raise any money from it but there is no doubt the smiles, laughs, hugs and overall excitement to see us is far more valuable to recieve than anything monetary.

Having a young girl come up to me and not only remember my face but my name from last years troop was amazing! She came up to me, out of armour, gave me a hug and said "Im so happy you came again" I had a tear come on that I just couldn't hide.

Excellent troop, awesome report Rick and great work to Scope and BIDS transporting the Card back down to the event.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Yeah agree mate, no amount of money can equal the satisfaction of making just one of these special kids happy even for a brief moment - but the redbacks made a ton of kids - and from chats, the parents as well, so so happy!!! Yeah glad the bucket was on when got asked for a hugs, stay strong . . .

Everyone should be proud of the effort yesterday, awesome awesome job!!! Just wanted to say thanks to cobra and the rest of the wranglers, especially waiting for my special decorative 'greb' for the bucket provided by Natwest Lol
DW2011CVICVII

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Special Children's Christmas Party - Townsville 2023 DShrike 4 424 Monday 11-Dec-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Teiwaz
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 389 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 661 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach