SCG - Sydney Easter Show
Not really a troop report from them but more of a what was heard about the troopers on the train home....
its a nice story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Story from the Easter show troop
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:24:31 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hi everyone , i would just like to relate a story from Sunday night on the way home from the easter show that i think everyone should hear Smiley

On the train home Jade, Verity and myself were near a family who had been at the show on the day, among them was their son who was aged in the vicinty of 8 and twelve by the looks of it ,he was playing with a toy lightsaber and at one point he spotted Verity's Support crew shirt and was excited to see someone who was with the Stormtroopers that he had seen at the show , after having a brief chat with his parents it became apparent that he was a HUGE fan of starwars and that the highlight of his day had been getting a photo with a trooper who had Stopped during the Parade and had allowed him to get a photo (dyl this was you Tongue we checked the photo)

Just to make his day even more special we let his folks get a quick photo of him wearing my TX bucket and from the grin on his face it was obvious that those two experiences had made his day,

in my mind that was my defining moment of the whole weekend, making one kids day and bringing a smile to his face. this reminded me that this is what i troop for, to make kids smile , sure we put up with a lot of kids who don't really have any respect for us or what we do but even if we can make just one kid happy then thats good enough for me,

all i have to say is Keep up the Fantastic work and troop reports are to follow in the next week

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

from the pics on facebook from the guys it looked like a busy weekend!
well done SCGers
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>