Troop Report 
Date:
Saturday 12th April, 2014

Venue:
Astro Pete's, Shop 10, 2120 Logan Rd, Upper Mt Gravatt 4122

Time:
19:00 - 21:00

Mission:
Astro Pete's Café was holding a planet observation evening - Patrons were given the opportunity to observe three planets in one night.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG:
TK-41138 Cre8tiv - Stormtrooper
DZ-8547 Bullant - Gamorrean Guard
TK-5746 Oevil1 - Stormtrooper
RC-51173 Cyclops - Republic Commando
CC-69696 Benji - Commander Fox

RL:
Beanie - Luke (Fabio) Skywalker
Thrawn V'jun - RFT
chopper - RFT
Iris - Barris
Jeadus Teal - Jedi

GA:
CCC-0582 Cameron (Captain Rex)
CCC-0581 Cody (Commander Cody)
CDZ-0518 Lauren (Jawa)
CRFT-0517 Rory (RFT)
CLOR-0578 Sophie (Princess Leia)
CMAN-0424 Ethan (Deathwatch Grunt)
CLOR-0845 Isobel (Princess Leia)
CID-0846 Maddison (Imperial Officer)
CBH-0525 Jackson (Boba Fett)
CBH-0590 James (Boba Fett)
CDZ-0558 Will (Jawa)
CAHS-0827 Lara (Ahsoka Tano)
CPAD-0828 Ana (Padme Amidala)

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
cavx
Doogie
Petros
jedimel
MammaSith
cobra
ALRAKIS
muppet

Details:
Cre8tiv arrived to find Beanie already in attendance and awaiting the arrival of the troops. (I have a feeling he was secretly trying to find the plans to some space station he had heard of.)
Not long after, more troopers arrived, and we decided to kit up and make our appearance as there were already many earthlings in attendance.
We received a transmission that the BTTF Delorean had also set Astro Petes event into its time circuit and would be arriving at the docking bay. Cavx and Cre8tiv went to do a security inspection of the time machine, while the remaining troopers and RL finished kitting up and made their way out to the planet viewing area, to the joy of the awaiting crowd. Many photos were taken. The Easter Bunny trooper also made a special appearance handing out some chocolate goodies to the younglings.
The awesome GA younglings amazed the crowd with their great looking costumes and many compliments were received.
The skies started out clear, then as the death star neared it became overcast... then it cleared up again just in time for us to be able to view the secret plans for the Rebel base on Mars. We also got to see Saturn and we then focused in onto "The Sniper" star with his family.
As the night drew on, the crowds grew thin and the troopers decided to return to base and call it a night.

Great fun was had by all!

Injuries / Malfunctions: Nil

Public Incidents:
No major incidents - one small child got a fright (and jumped) when Mum pointed out the "real live" stormtrooper behind him as he was looking at Astro Pete's mannequin.

Mission Status: Success!

Photos:

[Image: IMG_3613_zps8d7be7aa.jpg]
Photo credit: ALRAKIS

[Image: IMG_3655_zps583068f8.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3617a_zpsd8dd6308.jpg]

[Image: 10168072_657437567626405_8601815916469412291_n.jpg]
Photo credit: James Niland

[Image: 10006947_657438147626347_4860054791757876763_n.jpg]

[Image: 1012137_657437754293053_2376286861798473998_n.jpg]

Luke is beginning to look a lot like his sister...
[Image: DSCF5122.jpg]
Photo credit: cavx

More photos:
More images by ALRAKIS:
http://s906.photobucket.com/user/tlloyd6...t=3&page=1

More images by James Niland:
http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/cre8ti...t=3&page=1

"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Nice report, Sam. Good to see the GA kids out in force, too. Doppeldaumen1
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

It was a great troop as always at Astro Pete's!! Fantastic photo's by Tony and James!!
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Always fun to meet at "Pete's" (sorry for that) - a great fun night and as always, Pete makes everyone welcome, especially the GA kids. Thanks Pete for the Choccy Eggs and Legos you handed out to them. Looking forward to the next one ?
I think a special mention should be made to all 13 Galactic Academy members who came along to this troop. All the kids trooped hard they all stood for photos with people and represented the Redbacks in an awesome capacity. I had lots of adults asking about the kids and congratulating them all on how amazing they look and conducted themselves. Big thank you also to Astropete for the thank you bags he gave to all the Galactic Academy members , it was more than generous but very much appreciated by all. These kids are our future memebers and troopers and we should be proud of the effort these kids put in.
Congratulations everyone.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
The kiddies outnumbered the adults by the looks of it. Are their more piccies of the GA's? That is awesome that Astro Pete accomadates the kids so well.
It was wonderful to see the great turnout of GA children. They are a wonderful asset to the Garrison.
Alrakis has thanked Astro Pete (in person) on behalf of all the kids.

Rayvn: I have placed links to more photos... I believe there are some more photos of the GA kids in those folders. Smile
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
This was an awesome night Smile look forward to the next one!
Clones are cooler
Great photos everyone. Looking like stars!
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Sweet thankyou Smile
thanks Sam for writing this up, an thank you all for making it to Pete's, it was an emotional event for me, wearing Craigs Luke and having the Family there to look up closely at Craig TheSniper Star, but it was the event that Craig always coordinated since taking on from Tim, so it was tough for me to step in and take on such an awesome event he started.

Craig and Pete had a great friendship, Craig would pop in and share a few stories with Pete whilst working on Armour petes armour. Yes that was Petes TK on display at the door but keep an eye out for Pete as he will be joining us in our ranks soon.

Thanks Pete for the event, Thank you To Faith and Don and the Budge family, thank you Redback and Tatooine members that trooped or wrangled and thanks to those little shinning stars, The GA kids!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
        You are spot on MammaSith, all the GA kids were a credit to their parents - however, there was a report of a mini Bounty Hunter and his Jawa accomplice sneaking off and holding up a nearby Cantina (they were later seen dividing their spoils of Chilli Fries)
Well done troopers!
Great work everyone.
Nice work looks like a fantastic night. Astro Pete troops are great fun, shame I missed it.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sat 16-Jul-2016 - Astro Pete's Astronomy Open Night Cre8tiv 11 13,649 Tuesday 19-Jul-2016, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Sly
Troop Report 25/7/15 - Astro Pete's Cafe 4th Birthday Celebration Cre8tiv 8 11,834 Tuesday 28-Jul-2015, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Diatium
Troop Report Astro Pete's, International Observe the moon night The Sniper 7 12,464 Wednesday 16-Oct-2013, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Beanie