Yeronga Kindy Fete
Date:
Sunday, 15 June, 2014.

Venue:
C&K Yeronga Park Kindergarten, 15 School Road, Yeronga

Time:
10 am to 2 pm

Mission:
Troopers attended a Kindergarten Fete, themed OUTER SPACE. A fun day with pony rides, slides, merry-go-round, bouncy castle, live music, train rides, pony rides and much more!
All funds raised were for the C&K Yeronga Park Kindergarten, to go towards ALL Abilities Access facilities.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG:
BS-6263, REDPAINT, ROTJ Biker Scot.
TK-35711, STICKY, TK-ANH (Hero).

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
Woodgavin - Cadet
Tripod101 - Cadet

Details:
Sticky was the first to arrive and made contact with the Fete Organiser. At 10 am, the fete was officially opened by Sticky, who did a wonderful job of cutting the ribbon. Stick was soon joined by Redpaint in his biker scout costume. The addition of Tripod101 and Woodgavin was a welcome relief for our wrangler, who proceeded to take on other Fete duties.
Very quick the crowds built up, with gold coin donations taken for photos. The troopers were soon inundated by star wars fans, by boys and girls of all ages. There were no complaints that it was a non-weapons event from the children, and there were Hi-5’s all round. Woodgavin’s Clone Helmet was a nice touch and got plenty of attention also.
There was only one teary moment. A little got startled and there were real tears. But Grandma was on hand and had everything under control in no time.
There was also were humorous moments, when a Kindy mum was startled by a Biker Scout queuing up for a Hamburger. I was told by her later in the day, it made her day.
The Annerley Fire Crew and Fire Truck were on hand to cool things down. The fire crew were very excited to see us, and wanted a team photo and a photo of troopers pointing out the truck number. Redpaint was also given the duties of handling the fire hose, as apparently storm troopers couldn’t even hit grass. Harsh!
A BIG Thank you to everyone who attended and helped make the day a success.

Charity Funds Raised:
Troopers raised $130. The Fete rose over $6,500 profit to go towards All Abilities Access for the kindy.

Injuries / Malfunctions:
Malfunction of a battery in Sticky’s helmet. This resulted in a small red spot and loss of hair. Which was only discovered later in the evening.

Public Incidents: None

Mission Status:
Big Success! This success was demonstrated at Kindy this morning when discussions focused on the “Star Wars” people.

Photos:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Just listen, it feels like someone's watching us."
great stuff troopers
Nice report Sticky,

and it was a nice troop as well.
Perfect trooping weather.

Also have put the photos in the photobucket acount.

They are here.

http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/l...t=2&page=1

One of my favourite shots by tripod.

[Image: DontShoot_zpsf1380f75.jpg]
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
It was great to meet you guys, I had a blast and cant wait until the next one Smile

Thanks for having me.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
It was fantastic weather and I was glad to lend a hand where it was needed.
Pleasure to meet you blokes. Hopefully I'll be seeing you again soon.

Also, I found a couple of troopers in line for the Cantina
[Image: d390bb83-6c3f-480c-9d44-3b68a1472a02_zps2a8217a7.jpg]

Busted.
[Image: 676a3f81-4317-4740-af74-16f6cff4f988_zps7789f0bc.jpg]
- ONLY THE DEAD HAVE SEEN THE END OF THE WAR -
Well done guysDoppeldaumen1
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Great to see people out and about trooping, looks like a lovely day to be out in armour Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yeronga Services Club Troop report Iceheart 3 5,091 Tuesday 19-Dec-2017, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Imperial Drone
Troop Report Bardon Community Kindy Fair 2016 Altair 12 15,157 Wednesday 25-May-2016, 09:03 PM
Last Post: MyKill