Mater Little Miracles Walk 2015
Troop Date:
Sunday 31st May 2015

Troop Address:
Cultural Forecourt, South Bank

Time:
9:00 - 12:00

Mission:
Each year hundreds of families descend on South Bank for Brisbane's favorite family day out! Mothers and fathers, aunties and uncles, grandparents and children all join together to walk, run, push or skip their way along a beautiful five-kilometer route in support of Mater Little Miracles.

Trooper Attendance:

ID - Buzzard
TD - Rubber
CT - Mortogg

Detail:

Once again we had the honour of taking part in helping out the Mater Miracle group with another amazing Mater Little Miracles 5K walk.

We kitted up with our fellow friends from the 'Drawn 2 life' crew and moved out to meet the growing crowds of participants and families taking part and come down to supporting the day. We worked our way around having many photos with many smiling faces both young and old till participants were called to start lining up for the walk.

We took our place in the very large crowd and once the call was made started our march around the sunny and beautiful Parkland of Southbank and Brisbane City Botanic Gardens, stopping to have a few photos along the way high five and cheer on the fellow walkers.

Soon we found we had made our way back to the Parklands and crossed the finish line, being greated by our fellow walkers and also the 'Drawn 2 life' crew who stayed behind to help in the park. We had a quick water break to refresh and came back out to join the 'D2L' at the finish line to continue to welcome the fellow walkers back in and take part in photos to help those there that day remember it that little bit more.

Once the numbers dwindled and the last of the walkers crossed the line we moved back to the changing area to dekit and stretch out some tired muscles while some troopers had to continue on their way to meet up for more trooping action that they had been assigned to take part in for the day.

Injuries:
Some sore feet

Malfunctions:
Had my shines blow out a few times after being repaired a few days ago and had to work back out the kinks. Nothing more Velcro can't fix.

Mission Status:

Another outstanding success, Here is a thank you letter from the Mater Crew.

"Good afternoon,
I hope that you and your teams have recovered from what was an absolutely massive day yesterday!!

We had a record turnout of nearly 5000 participants this year – our biggest year ever!! You can see hundreds of them in the photo below – this is just before half a dozen under 5’s nearly swamped the stage during the Peppa Pig stage show J

The success of the day is due in no small part by you being there and helping to create the event and the atmosphere that keeps our participants coming back year after year! I want to pass on my sincerest thanks for being such a big part of such an amazing day – all of the hard work is worth it when you see hundreds of happy families enjoying a day out and supporting Queensland’s tiniest patients, the Mater Little Miracles at Mater’s Neonatal Critical Care Unit.

If you have any feedback from the day, please do not hesitate to get in contact with me. We want to make the day enjoyable for all our supporters – and this includes you!

Until next year I send my kindest regards and sincerest thanks,
Sarah
Sarah Badman
Fundraising Coordinator
Mater Foundation"

[Image: 11390217_962778547096477_122590116535448...cwsmzg.jpg]

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. "They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the Gauntlet of the Republic"

[Image: sig1.jpg]
Awesome work guys.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Great Troop report Mortogg and the shin problems didn't slow you down.
Big thanks to Buzzard for keeping us safe and stopping in on his way to the Hospital troop.
This was my third Mater Little Miracles and the biggest so far. It's still an excellent walk on a Sunday morning.
Great work guys
TK 19749
Awesome!!!!
Missed this one (down Carrara way), wish I had a spaarti cylinder so I could have been both places,.

quality job guys!
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
well done!!!
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Mater little miracles 5k fun run Nilrem 9 11,088 Wednesday 8-Jun-2016, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Altair
Troop Report MS Moonlight Walk 23rd Oct 2015 Beanie 10 15,693 Tuesday 27-Oct-2015, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MyKill
  Walk with me - Cairns 13/09/2015 Cybermew3 6 9,715 Monday 14-Sep-2015, 02:26 PM
Last Post: aasmetz