71 George Street, Bundaberg QLD

Time:
10am for an 11am start until 3pm

Mission:
Raising funds for Cat Connections Headquarters

Trooper Attendance:
22372 - Arienh - Sandtrooper (TD)
22422 - Baytrooper - Snowtrooper (TS)
37781 - DarkFather - ROTJ Royal Guard (TR) & Jawa (DZ)
2471 - Wolf - Jawa (DZ)

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
PhantomBlade
LilMissTiger

Details:
Shuttles 456 and 938 loaded the last of the provisions required for the Troop and arrived at the designated destination at 08:45. After a brief wait the organisers of the event arrived and gave the troopers access. DarkFather, Arienh and PhantomBlade got to work setting up the displays and prepping the area. A specially trained Jawa (Dooka) was brought along to keep watch over an especially cheeky Gonk Droid (EG-6972). To keep them and the public safe from each other a small area was taped off. Dooka was 'advised' to keep himself and EG-6972 inside the taped area.
[Image: 20151212_094350_zpsrcohvyj9.jpg]

At approximately 10:00 Trooper Wolf and Cadet LilMissTiger arrived in their Sandcrawler. Wolf was quick to get himself organised and proceeded out onto the event floor. Eager to mingle with the locals. At 10:30 Baytrooper arrived in his T-47 and he too prepared himself. At this time DarkFather also suited up in his Jawa. PhantomBlade, LilMisstiger and Arienh prepared to cover Wrangling duties.

Some of the troopers moved outside to the entrance of the event hall and they were an instant hit. Vehicles stopped and people flooded into the hall. Some vehicles slowed to take photo's, others waved as they passed. DarkFather took over Wrangling duties for Arienh after an hour and Arienh was able to suit up in her TD and was an instant hit. DarkFather was able to eventually suit up in his TR as well. We had enquiries about the event and also about the 501st. Two of the locals in particular showed a lot of interest in the Legion and how it all worked. Paraphernalia was handed out and we hope to see posts from them on the forums in the near future.

Through some 'outside of the Legion' work, one trooper was able to help Cat Connections get some last minute press coverage, and a reporter from the Newsmail came and took photo's and spoke with us and the event organisers, and Channel 7 Wide Bay also spent some time at the event filming our troopers and chatting with, and filming the event organisers.

Through our photo's and simply just being a part of the whole event, we were able to help Cat Connections with donations, adoptions, and foster families for some of the felines present on the day. In the end we managed to raise $236 over the 4hrs, and DarkFather and Arienh donated 2x 30 litre bags of Kitty Litter to Cat Connections, on behalf of the Wide Bay Troopers/Wranglers, and The Redbacks.
[Image: 20151212_133503_zpspnowaemi.jpg]

The day also brought in 7 adoptions, and 6 foster carers. Rain did slow the last hour and kept some locals away, but overall the day was extremely good. A huge thanks for our Hervey Bay Troopers and Wrangler that made the trip up for the event. It was very much appreciated by the event organisers, and Arienh and Myself.

With the skies choked with clouds and rain falling, The Sandcrawler then the T-47 both headed back to Hervey Bay. PhantomBlade stayed behind to help with the packing up and offered her Shuttle (again) to help bring props home.

On a side note... I absolutely love trooping with this group of Troopers and (currently) Wranglers. If we can get our little slice of the Redbacks region growing with like minded people, we will have one absolutely fantastic Trooping group up here. Heck, we already do.

Charity Funds Raised:
$236.00 + 60 litres of Kitty Litter.

Injuries / Malfunctions:
Nil

Public Incidents:
An overly eager local was excited to get his photo with Wolf and backed into one of the Bollards tipping it over. The Death Star topper broke off on the concrete floor, but it was repaired moments later (superglue for the win!), and no other damage was done. The member of the public was not harmed in any way, and the photo went ahead.

Mission Status:
A Complete success. Cat Connections HeadQuarters has asked that we attend their next adoption day and every subsequent event that they hold for the foreseeable future.

Photos:

Jawa's everywhere!!!! Baytrooper has nightmares about this.
[Image: 20151212_104156_zpsr7pbo6g1.jpg]

Heading outside to stop traffic and lure people in. The master at work.
[Image: 20151212_105347_zps7wlj07jg.jpg]

She started in my arms, then ran up to my shoulders and perched on my head.
[Image: 20151212_110331_001_zpsfpms1bsu.jpg]

Cat Connections Headquarters Event Organisers Kate and Winnie.
[Image: 20151212_111602_zpskjt2rnnq.jpg]

[Image: 20151212_114420_zpsmymz8i0t.jpg]

Our current 'Draw Cards'. Instantly known on sight, and always popular for photo's.
[Image: 20151212_133131_zpsykyycu98.jpg]

The complete Photobucket album is here.
We had a great time, although my Antihistamines forgotten and cat allergies flared up, ironic being 'LilMissTiger' and allergic to felines!!
Dooka is a terrible backseat driver!
Awesome troop, with so many kitties to give pats to.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
Fantastic job! Loved seeing you all there and I look forward to wrangling at the next local troop.
Great work troopers Smile
KITTIES!!!

...oh look there's people there too, I guess they're cool.

Great job everyone, believe it or not I had to (very) briefly talk myself down from signing up, and just went on a short trip to Toowoomba instead (srsly, like totes!). I'm completely jealous of all of you!

...KITTIES!!!
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Great work troopers, especially Adam doing the big miles to troop here the next day.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Good work troopers! From reading their FB page it seemed like they really appreciated having you there!
Excellent work Bundy & Hervey Bay troopers!
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
The event got a write up in the Newsmail.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/panda-i...873085/#/0
Awwww well done you guys!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report LEGO Brick Connections 12-13 March 2016 Beanie 6 9,114 Wednesday 16-Mar-2016, 09:12 AM
Last Post: APOK
Troop Report Connections BBQ Saturday June 15 Rebelrach 13 21,834 Saturday 22-Jun-2013, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Tachyon