Moncrief Entertainment Center

Time:
4pm for a 5pm - 6pm troop

Mission:
Raising awareness for the local 501st members

Trooper Attendance:
22372 - Arienh - Sandtrooper (TD)
22422 - Baytrooper - Snowtrooper (TS)
37781 - DarkFather - ROTJ Royal Guard (TR)

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
PhantomBlade
Sennight
Lodorian

Details:
A large force of Reb.. Err... Resistance members, tried to infiltrate the MEC location prior to this Troop. Through hard work and use of Imperial know-how the enemy were dispatched and the location cleared for Imperial control. The battle with the Resistance troops is sure to continue, but the Redback members of the Wide Bay area are up for the fight.

Plans were set in motion for the Wide Bay members of the Redbacks to raise awareness of their existence among the local populace. There was no fundraising at this event, instead the Imperial Propaganda machine made use of the premier of The Force Awakens movie to meet and greet the locals.
[Image: 01-EventPoster_zps93elicb0.jpg]

Shuttle 456 and it's crew arrived at the location early in the morning prior to the event to leave a Gonk Droid and a Jawa representative to raise awareness of the event and hopefully foster interest in both the 501st and the movie premier.
[Image: Moncrief_Troop_01_zpspmlda5sd.jpg]

MEC management were eager to get photo's with 2 of the Troopers before the event also. Bronte and Jolene were fantastic hosts for the event and simply just really nice people to deal with.
[Image: 03-OrganiserBronte01_zps1ythva0k.jpg]

[Image: 02-OrganiserJolene_zpsalstvgvv.jpg]

At approximately 15:30 hrs Shuttle 456 arrived at the MEC and proceeded to unload and prepare the location for the coming crowds. Shortly after Shuttle 938 arrived as did Shuttle 045, both with Wranglers to keep an eye on the troopers and help keep the locals in line. Within minutes Baytrooper glided his T-47 in and the three troopers headed off to get suited up. Unfortunately our Reserve TIE Pilot had a surprise training mission. Due to the floods down south, Wolf and Lilmisstiger were unable to attend also. We also lost a new member/Wrangler to unforseen reasons, and our other Jawa, Ghalgor, was also unable to attend this event.

The 'usual suspects' got suited up and were an instant hit with the MEC patrons.
[Image: Moncrief_Troop_02_zpsizezznal.jpg]

A photo area was designated to us by MEC management, but it seemed mingling was the way to go. While there was a constant line up at the photo area, the troopers each took a moment to move through the center and give some members of the public a bit of 'one on one' time.
[Image: Moncrief_Troop_04_zpskmsglebg.jpg]

[Image: Moncrief_Troop_05_zpstecvemen.jpg]

[Image: Moncrief_Troop_06_zps0ht9gxok.jpg]

Amongst the locals there will always be those rebels looking to be counter productive against the Empire. Some of them just had to be detained, no matter how cute they may have been.
[Image: Moncrief_Troop_10_zps0b8gharv.jpg]

Roughly half way through the event, our missing Jawa arrived, but he was incognito. We decided to make sure his cubs were at least indoctrinated into the Empire. Wink
[Image: Moncrief_Troop_09_zpsawbkv4ag.jpg]

It wasn't just the suited up Troopers that were popular. Dooka and EG-6972 also got in on the Photo opportunities. Rumour has it, that they were recruiting for not only the 501st, but also the Galactic Academy.
[Image: Moncrief_Troop_12_zps0d82rcwd.jpg]

[Image: Moncrief_Troop_13_zpsl4mvpn2p.jpg]

The event went off without a hitch. The crowd was fantastic and eager to see us and hear about the 501st and the Redbacks. We handed out all of our Redback business cards. We'll have to get more organised, and soon. MEC management were extremely happy with the event and the way the Redbacks handled themselves, before during and after. So much so that Jolene has told us we are already their number 1 request for the next Star Wars premier movie!

Our Wranglers... I swear we have the best Wranglers up here in the Wide Bay. Phantomblade is currently our 'old hand' at wrangling and is learning more and more at each troop. It'll be a shame to lose her to a costume. She also has Baytroopers number now. He can't just wander off anymore. Phantomblade has him matched now. Sennight and Lodorian had their first taste of Wrangling at this troop. They did an awesome job. Lodorian mowed though our cards like a madman. I don't think a single person left the MEC without a Redbacks card. Top Job Mitch!

Arienh and Baytrooper... I love that I get to do this 501st stuff with my wife. Adam... Fist pump to you dude. Legend. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I love trooping with the Wide Bay guys and girls.
[Image: Moncrief_Troop_15_zpsfcqilyop.jpg]

Charity Funds Raised:
N/A - this troop was about getting our name and 'faces' out there.

Injuries / Malfunctions:
Nil

Public Incidents:
Nil

Mission Status:
Complete Success. So much so that the MEC management have requested us for the next SW movie premier.

Photos:
The complete album of Photo's is here.
Also, Phantomblade has a heap of pictures on her FB page here.
Awesome report there DarkFather. I feel worse about missing it now as it looks like everyone had a blast Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
It was a fantastic success! Great night for everyone involved. I thoroughly enjoyed my first wrangling troop and can't wait for the next! I think the Galactic Academy will have 2 new recruits very soon-need to pull them into line somehow hehe!
Brilliant , awesome work from the bundaberg crew , bringing 501st quality to regional Qld .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Awesome work team, great troop report too
nice work troopers
Great stuff troopers and wranglers. Looked like a huge crowd and lots of smiling faces.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great work!
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Awesome troop Wide Bay, Bundy crew, well done.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Nice work troops,Doppeldaumen1

looks like you're really growing in numbers up there as well.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
I reckon the wranglers up here are the best in the state too Wink

Was an awesome troop! And quite possibly my first troop ever with a equal number of troopers and wranglers. It's amazing. And Lodorian is a super card hander-outerer. I didn't walk anyone into a fence, so I consider the troop to be a success!
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
Tis always a pleasure to troop with the Bundaberg crew. It was a fun night. Our awesome wranglers did a really good job. I look forward to paying them back with doing the same for them when they become approved. Great report Phill Doppeldaumen1 thanks again for organising the troop.
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Great work!
Great job guysDoppeldaumen1
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Awesome job guys, my brother in law went along with his kids and thought it was great.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report My Saga Premier Booster 7 6,566 Wednesday 20-Jun-2018, 07:00 PM
Last Post: BigDub
  TLJ Premier at the Moncrieff, Bundaberg DarkFather 7 8,047 Monday 1-Jan-2018, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Cyclops