Beccyd
3phase
MyKill
Blue
Bikuchan

RL: Stormraven

GA : 3phases' daughter doing an awesome job as a Jawa once again 

Details:
Star Wars Day is the biggest day on the calendar for Toowoomba's Library, last year the had over 5,000 people through the door. The organiser mentioned to me before the doors opened that they were hoping for a few less this year as last year was too big to manage properly. As if on cue, a perfectly sized crowd of around 3,000 entered for a whole day of fun!

The library really goes all out for this, there is a Star Wars themed escape room, free lightsabers for kids who sign up for library cards, photo booths, tabletop gaming, this year they had Sons of Obiwan giving lightsaber classes, it really is an awesome day for the kids. Even if you don't troop, it is well worth checking out next yer.

We kitted up and were ready for the doors to open at 9.30 for a steady stream of kids (big and little) to have their photos taken with us.

We were collecting money for a local community group for the first time this year, and I was blown away with the generosity of the Toowoomba people, we raised a total of $200, which is especially awesome given there was another group in costumes there not collecting for anything....I was stoked with the result.

It was a very hot day, I think it took four seconds for me to feel the first bead of sweat run all the way from my head to my little toe. Shout out to Bikuchan for her quick action when I said to her "I need to get out of here and get water NOW", never seen her move so fast!

A thank you to APOK for providing some needed guidance the night before when it looked like we may have some potential issues with the troop.

Massive thank you to Bikuchan, Stormraven, MyKill and Blue for making the trip up the range, and also for getting onboard with collecting donations after an incredibly quick rundown on who they are and what they do. Wranglers for this event given the heat and amount of people are so very important.

We got a fair bit of media exposure from this, the Chronicle ran a story on the day which pretty much consisted of 501st with not a whole lot else (check out Beccy, the star of the video!). Win News interviewed MyKill, if anyone can find the video from that please post. Some radio station I have never heard of came along as well and interviewed us.

And to the TBar crew, you guys are the best. Beccy running the table all day, fielding all sorts of enquiries, media, charity, 501st, GA. 3phase, great job mate and thanks to your daughter as well, she is always awesome. Bolt, it's always a blast trooping with you!

Charity Funds Raised: $200!
($197.20 from the crowd and $2.80 from MyKill because he couldn't cope with it not being a nice round number)

Injuries / Malfunctions:
I fixed my shoulder snap from Wonderland and discovered the new one pops itself off whenever I put my helmet on...

Public Incidents:
None, which I was very thankful for!

Mission Status:
Success! The Library love having us and we are looking forward to the next one!

Photos:
[Image: uoUCjfH.jpg]

[Image: aBV8wRs.jpg]
Great report Scotty, well done troopers.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Great work everyone!
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
Great report Scotty! Was an awesome troop and I think my arms have finally recovered from carrying that Z-6 for four hours...
[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]
(Saturday 20-Jan-2018, 09:16 AM)Bolt_2112 Wrote:  Great report Scotty! Was an awesome troop and I think my arms have finally recovered from carrying that Z-6 for four hours...

Haha, yes it was a great effort! I think my favourite part of the day was that father explaining how the Z6 fires in incredible detail to his son!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Saturday 20-Jan-2018, 11:25 AM)Scotty33 Wrote:  
(Saturday 20-Jan-2018, 09:16 AM)Bolt_2112 Wrote:  Great report Scotty! Was an awesome troop and I think my arms have finally recovered from carrying that Z-6 for four hours...

Haha, yes it was a great effort! I think my favourite part of the day was that father explaining how the Z6 fires in incredible detail to his son!

Oh yeh! He really got into explaining how mini guns work haha
[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]
Lots of fun, a great day Smile

It was a fun troop.... Will be back next year and all of the others this year Smile
Great troop - it's always fun day when I'm driving up the range! 

Pulled a media trifecta - photographed for a newspaper - interviewed by a radio station - and also interviewed by WIN TV (we may have ended up in 7 news's B-roll too).  Yossss!
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Looks like an awesome troop guy. Good worrk
Automatic doors make me feel like a jedi 

DW2016   DW2017 DW2018 DW2019
[Image: Q8GkS6o.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Toowoomba Library Star Wars day 2019 Bolt_2112 3 4,540 Sunday 20-Jan-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Ashlyn_Dubreas
Troop Report St. Andrew's Vacation Care Program Star Wars Day Diatium 6 6,111 Tuesday 24-Jul-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Darth Temptress
Troop Report Celebration of Life for Mark - A Star Wars Fan Donut 10 10,199 Friday 2-Mar-2018, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Squid