Gday all, 

My names brad, new member here and really keen on getting involed in what you guys do.  Smile Smile

Alittle about myself

I live in Rockhampton, I have an order in with chris the prop guy too get my Phase two armor, I already have my helmet which is painted for the 332nd company which I'm going to be working my armor towards. 

Also found a fellow from Europe who does EVA foam templates for the armor, so I'm currently working on that as a side project until my better armor comes. If anyone has worked on the EVA foam amor in the past I would like to pick your brain on afew things hahah. I was also told that EVA foam armor doesn't cut it to be a member of the 501st?? 

Umm also this may be a dumb question, but how does the Clone trooper serial numbers work? Do you get given one or ??

But yeah, keen to be here and hoping to work with you guys closely.

Cheers
Brad
Welcome to the Redback forums Brad
No such thing as a dumb question, Your legion ID number, also known as a TK number in general terms will need to choose from a list of what is available.
Currently, they are 5-digit numbers.
When you have your costume ready for approval, selecting that number is part of that process, so once your costume is approved you need to supply our GML with 3 possibilities in case your first choice is already taken by an active member.
Definitely wait until you are close or ready to be approved before you make a choice because the number you choose now may be selected and become unavailable if somebody else has their approval signed off and requested that number well before you.

Chris is a great and talented young man so I am sure you will be very pleased with his products.
You are correct, EVA won't be passable for the 501st. The legion and our garrison pride ourselves on high-quality costumes looking like we just stepped off the movie set. The standards are high but they are definitely achievable and will be something you will also be very proud of once you complete your build.

Once again, welcome aboard.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
(Wednesday 8-Jun-2022, 06:15 PM)Sly Wrote:  Welcome to the Redback forums Brad
No such thing as a dumb question, Your legion ID number, also known as a TK number in general terms will need to choose from a list of what is available.
Currently, they are 5-digit numbers.
When you have your costume ready for approval, selecting that number is part of that process, so once your costume is approved you need to supply our GML with 3 possibilities in case your first choice is already taken by an active member.
Definitely wait until you are close or ready to be approved before you make a choice because the number you choose now may be selected and become unavailable if somebody else has their approval signed off and requested that number well before you.

Chris is a great and talented young man so I am sure you will be very pleased with his products.
You are correct, EVA won't be passable for the 501st. The legion and our garrison pride ourselves on high-quality costumes looking like we just stepped off the movie set. The standards are high but they are definitely achievable and will be something you will also be very proud of once you complete your build.

Once again, welcome aboard.

Hi Sly

Thanks for the information, would you recommend any tutorial videos on how to put the armor together and paint it??
Also what to wear under the armor, I've seen afew black under armor clothing, but wanted to know what the group thinks Smile Smile

Cheers brad
Hi Brad , this post contains links to the Clonetroopers Detachment and the Costume Reference Library (CRL’s ) for all current approvable Clones and the requirements for each variation . The good thing about clones is due to the seamless construct and paintwork it’s hard to go wrong , everything can be sanded back and redone . I’d suggest getting hold of some Plastic Fusion for the construction , my clones nearly ten years old and it hasn’t failed me as an adhesive/epoxy/filler, the most important exterior component is the paint , I can’t recommend the MTN range of colours highly enough , locally we source from Crush City .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
(Saturday 11-Jun-2022, 06:57 AM)Cyclops Wrote:  Hi Brad , this post contains links to the Clonetroopers Detachment and the Costume Reference Library (CRL’s ) for all current approvable Clones and the requirements for each variation . The good thing about clones is due to the seamless construct and paintwork it’s hard to go wrong , everything can be sanded back and redone . I’d suggest getting hold of some Plastic Fusion for the construction , my clones nearly ten years old and it hasn’t failed me as an adhesive/epoxy/filler, the most important exterior component is the paint , I can’t recommend the MTN range of colours highly enough  , locally we source from Crush City .

Hey Cyclops

Thanks for the information. Really looking forwards to painting my armor Doppeldaumen1once it come. 

Sorry did you know of any videos on how to paint and put together the armor?

Cheers 
Brad Smile
The Detachment homepage contains many tutorials as does YouTube on masking and painting , fineline tape is a handy investment for masking up custom paintwork.
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
(Saturday 18-Jun-2022, 06:46 AM)Cyclops Wrote:  The Detachment homepage contains many tutorials as does YouTube on masking and painting , fineline tape is a handy investment for masking up custom paintwork.

Legend, looking forward to working on this
Hi Brad,

Welcome to the Forums.
I see the shiny white guys are already looking after you Smile
Enjoy the build and make use of the talents and knowledge in this group, it will certainly assist you in the long run,

Cheers,
Slide
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Welcome Brad
I strongly recommend you starting a build thread on our forums so that the Costume review committee and the armour mentors for clones can advise you on your journey. Too often we see costumes built and they have been done wrong or not to the CRL standard and sadly money wasted.
Good luck I look forward to seeing your build
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Can’t wait to watch your build progress
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Welcome aboard. Lots of good advice from some of the Garrison members here.

Most important thing you can do in the journey to building your costume is ask a lot of questions about what is right and what is potentially wrong before you buy parts or cut/paint armour. Your costume will need to meet certain standards (CRL - Costume Reference Library details these for every costume type). Asking questions about every thing before you do it is really important.

Mammasith has also mentioned doing a build thread here in the forums. It's a running blog by you of what you're building as you do it. It's important to do so that those members in the Costume Review Committee who will assess your costume for approval can see in detail what you've built and what choices you made. I can't stress enough how important a build thread is for someone building their first costume. Our costume standards are high but easily achievable if you ask questions and show us what you are doing along the journey. Better to ask than try to fix a big mistake Smile

Look forward to seeing your costume come together.
One Day I will be as cool as Slide!
[Image: DW2017.png][Image: OCC2017.jpg] [Image: SN17.png] 
[Image: DW2018.png] [Image: SN18.png]
Thanks for all the information gents, I'm excited to start my build once I get my armor.

I might start the build thread now as I already have a bucket for the 332nd company. Would like to see if it meets the standards needed.

Cheers
Blazer
I can not emphasise what Wendell said enough. ALWAYS DISCUSS WITH MEMBERS BEFORE BUYING ITEMS if you want to get approvable stuff. Seriously; ranging from armour to under suit to weaponry and props and even colour detail.
I've just wasted a colossal amount of time and money piecing together a Kylo Ren and none of it is passable. I have to start again from scratch. Use my example. It is best not to do this alone but to get someone who already has an approved build to point you toward the sellers and items that have been already approved. I didn't have that and I am now paying the price.