Starlight Week @ Zing Logan
Troop Report 
Date – Thursday 18th August

Venue – Zing @ Logan Hyperdome
Time – 5.30pm-7.30pm

Mission – To bring the Redback Awesome! And help raise funds during Starlight Week

Trooper Attendance:
Ktty – Jawa
Shutter - TB

Support Crew/Wranglers – N/A

Details:
Shutter and I decided last minute to give this troop some people, and oh boy!
We got to the store around 5 but were unable to kit up until about 5.30 as the back room was very small and a Vader (not one of us!) had taken up most of the space and was taking a while to get dressed. No dramas, off we went to a unisex toilet to get as many soft parts as possible on – and thankfully no one was around when we exited to question two people exiting a cubicle. One we were all kitted up and ready to go, we were told no one could take a photo without a $1 minimum donation; but we ourselves were a bit relaxed on that one if people came up to us specifically – most people were happy to donate though. From there we were amazed at how incredible the Bakugo cosplayer with us looked, how energetic our Spiderman was and how sweet Merida was. There was an Aladdin but he was definitely a little odd – “Hi, Hello There”. I was messing with a little kid and pretending to ‘steal’ from them in true Jawa fashion when he decided to go on a lecture about how falling in love with a princess would stop my actions :? We wrapped up around 7.30 as it started to quieten down and after waiting 30 minutes for Vader to do whatever he was doing we were finally able to de-kit. Then we celebrated an odd night with a TK MAXX trip to look for Halloween goodies!
It was an interesting troop, with a LOT of energy from most of the cosplayers there. The store did well with donations that night from the sounds of it.

Charity Funds Raised – N/A but we did fill some tins thanks to donations!

Injuries/Malfunctions:
I got my nose ring stuck in my hair net/wig cap that I was trailing to keep hair up out of the Jawa hood. Made for a good panic and a laugh

Public Incidents:
Where to begin here! This was for sure a very strange troop but I’m glad it was us two weirdos getting through it together! A Vader with a very odd voice box who took a lot of breaks, an odd Aladdin with a British accent and no real wranglers.

Mission Status – A success I would say! But next year I may question for some more info from the store in regards to change space haha

Photos:
[Image: 5108222679306199]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Starlight Week Mackay 2023 TripleSix 4 438 Monday 2-Oct-2023, 07:55 PM
Last Post: APOK
Troop Report Starlight Week - Zing Logan (week 2) MyKill 1 332 Sunday 3-Sep-2023, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Starlight Week EB Games Albert Street Donut 4 454 Wednesday 30-Aug-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Teiwaz