Date: 
8th - 9th September

Venue:  
RNA Exhibition Building
601 Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills

Time: 
0900 - 1500

Mission: 
To once again bring the Redback presence and awesome to another Brisbricks event.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG:
Hopfot - DZ4881
Buzzard - IC3989
MyKill - TI20552
_will_of_the_force - ID33596
StarScribe - TI19888
BobaCanuck - BH57730
SideshowMel - TB3236

RL: 
Buzzard - Hoth Trooper

MM:
Hopfot - ID:736

Others:
A Lego Batman (Donut)

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
Wranglers:
kdaptPreacher - TKID:25000
Candice - (Support Crew)

Details:
Saturday:
Troopers in attendance were Hopfot, Buzzard, StarScribe, "wotf" (I'm not typing that full name everytime), MyKill and a human sized Lego Batman who may or may not have been one of our own in disguise. Wrangling was kdaptPreacher and Candice (Buzzard joined them after he lost his soles).
Although we were small in numbers, we gave our all for the day. Pushing through pain, sore feet, and even some malfunctions. We faught through it all to the bitter end. Come 1500hrs the crowds had reduced as the final group of ticket holders made their way through the venue. With the blessing of the Brisbricks organiser we debarted for the day.

Sunday:
Troopers in attendance were Hopfot (Though mostly wrangled), BobaCanuck and SideshowMel. That Lego Batman was there again too. Wrangling was Candice and Hopfot.
Absolutely buggered from the day before, Hopfot and Candice ventured forth for a second day. This time with an idea of how to proceed a routine of time on and off stand was devised to maximise trooper stamina. Starting the morning with a lonely Tusken Raider all on his own "holding the fort" whilst Boba Fett got ready with wrangler help, the Tusken powered on, lacking in vision and adequate airflow. Once Boba was on the stand a quick 5 minute break was taken by the Tusken to breathe, cool down and power on until our Biker scout arrived. Once Boba and the Scout were both on the stand Hopfot stood back from trooping and aided in wrangling the 2 troopers. Breaks were had, stamina was refreshed and trooping continued through the long day. Only 6 sets of tears from frightened children were counted this day, perhaps these will be future cases for up coming PhD Buzzard.

I can only thank and commemerate the efforts of all troops over this weekend of Brisbricks. They not only put in the full expectations of their duty, but went over and beyond it.
Oh and Batman was cool too.

Charity Funds Raised:
$2000 donated to the Redback MS Moonwalk team by Brisbricks. As a thank you for our efforts.

Injuries / Malfunctions:
Buzzard lost the soles of his shoes.
Hopfot's Mando Cape came off during de-armouring

Public Incidents:
Nothing beyond the usual, occasional frightened child at the awe of the Empire's might...... and Boba Fett (you know what you did)

Mission Status:
Beyond Successful 

Though would like to see a better number of troopers next year, this is after all an event that The Redbacks have attended since it's begining.

Photos:

[Image: 2Y6IzRW.jpg][Image: vJ9V8Op.jpg][Image: iGi6mHt.jpg]

[Image: YAGNdpN.jpg]

[Image: eMk2tgu.jpg]
Oh and some guy with a Trophy made of Lego was there too.
And I'll do it again.
(Tuesday 12-Sep-2023, 11:02 PM)BobaCanuck Wrote:  And I'll do it again.

Hehehe
Great work troopers :-)
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
Awesome work troopers
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Great effort troopers and what a big donation made!

DW2013DW2015
BN13  BN14 OCC2014
CVII  CVIII

[Image: XFqh6O5.jpg]
Great effort troops …
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Great effort troopers!
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."