Queensland Children's Hospital visit - Feb 2024
Date: Feb 28th, 2024

Venue: Queensland Children's Hospital

Mission: To visit children on the wards and spread some distraction and fun.

Trooper Attendance:
Donut - TK
BobaCanuck - Boba Fett
Ktty - Jawa

Details:

We were invited by the Children's Hospital Foundation to come along and visit some of the children currently in the Queensland Children's Hospital.
We started out the day by making a quick visit to Mr. Potato Head for a quick photo, which has become a bit of a tradition when visiting the hospital, before we headed out to visit the wards.
Lead by our amazing QHF volunteer, Matthew, we visited various areas of the hospital including Outpatients, Day-patients and intensive care, which provided a bit of variety to the normal ward visits.

Having the visit occur in the morning, as well as visiting these specific areas meant we got to meet a lot of kids and families.

Boba Fett was a favourite, especially with one little boy who wanted to press the buttons on his gauntlets! And Ktty's light up Jawa eyes were a constant point of interest and discussion from the children we met.

Overall it was a really positive and smooth visit.

Thanks so much to BobaCanuck and Ktty for coming along!

Injuries/Malfunctions: My belt was loose because I've lost weight. I used a safety pin to tighten it, which came undone halfway through the troop, meaning I was acutely aware that my belt might come undone. Luckily it held, but I'll need to fix it before my next troop.

Mission Status: Complete Success

[Image: F5cTdMF.jpeg]
[Image: PBmWSjM.jpg]

[Image: 3Hio6Oa.jpg]

[Image: fO9DEHU.jpg]
What a FUN morning!

ALSO! I had no idea about your belt, it held together well then!

Feedback from Mat was that we were well well loved and they'd love to have us back as often as they're allowed!
Well done troopers and Matthew for always showing up. I don’t think folks appreciate the effort you make so often!

DW2013DW2015
BN13  BN14 OCC2014
CVII  CVIII

[Image: XFqh6O5.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report May 4th Hospital Visit - GCUH Ktty 3 432 Monday 8-May-2023, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Rubber
Troop Report May The 4th Be With You - Children's Hospital Ward Visit Ktty 3 698 Monday 9-May-2022, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Rubber
Troop Report GC University Hospital Children's Critical Care Unit 5th Birthday Blue 0 2,394 Sunday 17-Feb-2019, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Blue