Troop Report for Auscon II
DATE: 1 & 2nd October 2011

VENUE: RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane

TIME:
8am-5pm Saturday and Sunday

MISSION: To show the Brisbane board gaming community who we are and to recruite for the mighty Empire.

TROOP ATTENDANCE
:

TK Sithprincess
TK Goose
TK Phantom
ID Muppet
BH Sniffer
TK Moxxxie
DZ Deltorn
TK Big Mac
TD Apok
TS Beanie
TK Hoppy
TK Jim Cricket
ID The Scotsman
RL OIGEN
SL DRACO
SL Kev Vader

GUEST TROOPER ATTENDANCE: Hoppy bringing all his characters

SUPPORT CREW:

COBRA
PHOENIX
BUZZARD

DETAILS:

A few of the Empires finest arrived on the Friday to help set up the Emperial corner and to provide recon for the main forces the next day. Backup arrived in form of The Phantom, Moxxxie and Cobra to set up photographic evedence for the next 2 days.

On Saturday, some of the Imperial forces arrived early to secure landspeeder parking are the Rebels had stole a lot in refurbishment. Once secure we went to the tapcaf for earth style coffee and to finish securing the Emperial corner. At 8.30am, the doors opened to allow the gamers to begin there activities. During the day, troopers entertained the gamers with our awesomness and had fun with the activites that was on stage to the right of us. Plenty of photos were taken and the crowds of Brisbane were kept in a happy and joyess mood.

Later that night, there was an over 18's show that involved singing "sweet kitty, soft kitty". Some Troops also showed that they can sing and play music as well as being soldiers of the Empire.

On Sunday some of us got there early to set up and to clean up ready for our fans/new recuits. We had a great game on stage of Star Wars Trivial Persuit, but we won't mention Phantoms younglings will we??? Some of the troops arrived late, but they will be forgiven eventually. After having some local earth food, the remaining troops started to pack up to return to their own planets. Overall a good weekend of trooping, showing the loyal citizens how the Empire still rules with Vaders iron fist.

A special thanks goes to Goose for organising and putting together Auscon II.

CHARITY FUNDS RAISED: Please see Phantom.

INJURIES: None that this Bounty Hunter knows of.

MALFUNCTIONS: None.

PHOTOS: Some posted up already.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Well done on the report Snipes. I did try but I just couldn't remember enough detail. Glad you took the reins Wink
It was a fun troop. I hope it does better next year.

Soft Kitty, now there is a song we should've been singing in the bar last night. :P
This was a fun time indeed.
It was my first Auscon but I had a lot of fun.
A huge thanks goes to Buzard and Phoenix for suiting up. Using another members costume for a troop is definately the "point of no return"
You two are pretty much there already and we all cant wait to see you aprooved.

I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Good report Sniper...had a great time over the two days...Mitch is in high intenity training reading as much star wars as we can get into him.
All funds raised went to Bravehearts a shade under $30 theywere very happy for that and may be keen for us to do more stuff with them in the future.
Well done everyone who went to the two days and thanks to Goose for putting it on and looking after the Redbacks.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Thanks for stepping up and writing the troop report Craig.
Was a little quiet when i was there, but how many recruits have signed up since !!!
Well done to Mark and to those Redbacks for setting up and pulling down the set.
(Monday 17-Oct-2011, 12:03 AM)Deltorn Wrote:  This was a fun time indeed.
A huge thanks goes to Buzard and Phoenix for suiting up. Using another members costume for a troop is definately the "point of no return"

Trooping has become my drug of choice and the best part is it's legal! Although it's been a couple of weeks now and I'm starting to suffer withdrawal symptoms. Sad Gotta get to another troop asap!

The real thanks goes to the guys willing to lend their armour to us cadets. It helps with the cravings while we're building. Thanks guys!
(Monday 17-Oct-2011, 12:03 AM)Deltorn Wrote:  This was a fun time indeed.

I still feel the need to have that awesome armoured shell around me. Not long now. Oh, and I didn't even notice the point of no return - I passed it unknowingly but certainly willingly. Jig

Are there any photos from the photobooth available?
Great work everyone, sry a little slow checking out what's been going on Smile

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 422 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 690 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,615 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops