Toasted TV Promo shoot - 16/04/2012
Troop Report 
Date: 16/04/2012

Venue: Dreamworld

Time: 8am - 10.30am

Mission: To create propaganda to inform our Imperial citizens that Lord Vader and his Imperial Army will be descending onto Dreamworld to show them our awesomeness.

Trooper Attendance:

Apok
Kev Vader
Beanie
Zerebin
Snarky
Hopfot
TheWolf
Phoenix
Hoon
Glitch
Chief
Doc
Sith princess
Stormraven
The Sniper

Guest Trooper Attendance:

The Toasted TV hosts Kellyn Morris and Seamus Evans from
Channel 11. They were armoured up in a TB for Seamus and an
X-wing pilot for Kel.

Support Crew: Nil

Detail: Once the local broadcast, of Toasted TV, to the younglings found out about our event, called DW2012, they jumped at the chance to be involved and raise wareness of our plight. Many communications were made between our Garrison and the Imperial Network and a date was set to make our loyal citizens aware of what we are about to do.

So the call went out and we turned up en masse. 15 loyal troopers braved many hours of travel and cans of red bull to stay awake long enough to steer their Imperial shuttle craft to DW for an 8am start. To the credit to all troopers, most turned up at least 45 mins early!! Hopefully when DW2012 commences many will learn from this lesson.

Due to the earliness of our arrival the Emperor even had time to get the lovely laundry ladies of DW to iron his robes. A drink here, a toilet break there and it was time to suit up. Kel and Seamus arrived and were immediately thrown into their armour and flight suit. More than one trooper thought it would be a great idea to get Kellyn to join the RL or 501st permenantly....I wonder why Eyebrows

Then it was down to the serious business. A dramatic entrance from Vader and the Emperor. A lightsaber battle between Lord Vader and the Seamus and Kel (2 - 0 to Vader by the way BOO-YEA!!). Some fast talking from your favourite Apok. Finishing up with a mock blaster battle with Seamus and Kel (which we let them win, you know how those TV stars are Hehehe )

In between it all Imperial citizens flocked to where we were and took some happy snaps whilst they had the chance. You could see even with 15 troopers they were amazed. Imagine when we have 100. DW staff were also giddy with excitement and are getting very excited for this event we call DW2012.

Once the shooting was finished, it was time to get out of our kit and disperse to the Boathouse Tavern (DW2012's Fridays mixer venue) for a beer and a meal.....well those of that didn't have to work. I was the unlucky one that had to stay behind and clean up the mess.....and yes get into a character suit....and yes it was Princess Fiona from Shrek...the ogre version.....I know let the smart a$$ comments fly now.

The last of Phoenix I saw though was him drinking another Red Bull and hitting light speed up to the Outer Rim.

A great troop people and it did what it was meant to do. Wet the appetite of the public and let them know we are going to rock DW on the 5th and 6th of May.

Charity Funds Raised: Nil. This was for promotional purposes only.

Injuries: Nil

Malfunctions: Nil

Public Incidents: Whilst shoooting one of the scenes for the promo Phoenix did run into an A-frame sign as he was retreating. That will learn him.

Mission Status: Total success. People will know of our greatness!!!

Photos: We will be getting a DVD when it is all put together and I will get it posted here.
Sounds like a fun & successful troop, well done gang.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Great report! Doppeldaumen1

Was lots of fun! Jig
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
we need some pics !
great job all....so proud of you redbacks
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Another great day down at Dreamworld! Bring on DreamWorld 2012.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
ANH has a TK banging his head against a door - we have Phoenix kneecapping himself LolLolLol

Good little warmup for DW and a nice feed at the Boathouse Smile
DW2011CVICVII
Fantastic! Hope it airs soon! (if it didnt today?)
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Awesome...well done
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Ohhh yeah was also a first troop for HOON and his TB congrats to him. And we did a great job, can't wait for the video. PS there were no cameras with us so no pictures yet but the video will air on the 5th may on the day we troop right apok
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Correct Beanie. It airs on the 5th of May. Toasted will be giving us a fully edited DVD and hopefully the footage of Phoenix running into the sign if they got it on camera.
Awesome fun.
And where were you Draco? Me and Snarky had a perfect Duel and again you weren't there to see it.
(Monday 16-Apr-2012, 07:31 PM)APOK Wrote:  Correct Beanie. It airs on the 5th of May. Toasted will be giving us a fully edited DVD and hopefully the footage of Phoenix running into the sign if they got it on camera.

Yes, please, I need this footage for prosperity! Please don't let them delete it! Smile

It's rough being a Trooper: less than two hours sleep, 2.75 hours to Dreamworld, large can Red Bull breakfast, and a TK helmet field of vision that is above regulation cafe sign height! Lol

Thanks for the day APOK, and great report! You're just lucky won't let me on any of the rides! Cheeky
(Monday 16-Apr-2012, 06:33 PM)APOK Wrote:  Public Incidents: Whilst shoooting one of the scenes for the promo Phoenix did run into an A-frame sign as he was retreating. That will learn him.

So I guess you could say it was just like the movie.

[Image: 41802_10150090705175576_1329325_n.jpg]<<<Phoenix?????

Well done guys, cant wait to see it
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
(Monday 16-Apr-2012, 09:10 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  I need this footage for prosperity!

You planning on selling it to make money? Wink

Or did you mean posterity?Hehehe
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Troop report Pink Stumps promo photo shoot Iceheart 6 7,711 Sunday 18-Feb-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Squid