Troop Report: Rockhampton Home Show
Troop Report 
Date: Sunday 26-08-2012

Venue: Rockhampton Show Grounds

Time: 9:00am to 12:30pm

Mission: Highlight the Imperial presence in Rockhampton.

Trooper Attendance: Angelman, JOKer, Reaper

Guest Trooper Attendance: None

Support Crew: LadyTarkin, Courtney

Detail: See below

Charity Funds Raised: NA

Injuries: None

Malfunctions: Running repairs on Reaper's clone (seriously some glues just can't hack the heat in Central Queensland).

Public Incidents: None

Mission Status: Huge success.

Photos:

*** Commence transmission ***

Having received a lead on rebel spies we mounted up and met the onsite event security team at 9:00am at the Rockhampton Show Grounds for the Rockhampton Home, Camping and Caravan Show. An excellent cover for rebel activity, we left no pillow unturned in our search for the rebel spies.

[Image: DSCF2642.jpg]

We found several pieces of rebel propaganda, but unfortunately the spies had already been alerted to our presence, so no arrests were made at this time.

[Image: DSCF2647.jpg]

Some of the troopers found the search a long and hard duty, TK-6729 Angelman found a novel way of keeping his cool during the search.

[Image: DSCF2657.jpg]

The search was taking far too long, so the troops approached one of the vendors about some faster modes of transportation. They even had one in the Redback Garrison colours.

[Image: DSCF2660.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2665.jpg]

The Imperials finest are always ready for any eventuality so if the rebel spies took to the water we were already prepared to pursue them.

[Image: DSCF2666.jpg]

Several force shields were deployed by the rebels, we were getting concerned at the level of security that the rebels were employing, we suspected they were hiding something big.

[Image: DSCF2686.jpg]

We knew the rebels spies were up to something fishy, so we thought we'd beat them at their own game and play along.

[Image: DSCF2716.jpg]

A short time later our searching uncovered what would have to be the largest thermal detonator that this trooper has ever seen. It had the potential to level the entire city of Rockhampton. Fortunately one brave trooper was able to disarm it and render it inoperable.

[Image: DSCF2676.jpg]

Apparently through a mis-communication about the 'clean up' from the thermal detonator, this happened.

[Image: DSCF2690.jpg]

Apparently all our scanning had depleted our power cells, Reaper offered to sign for the new power cells.

[Image: DSCF2691.jpg]

For those that think the rebels may not have the resources to stage an effective attack on the Empire, think again, here is one of our reconnaissance images. Apparently the owner knows Don Post, small planet.

[Image: DSCF2704.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2708.jpg]

We did find some proud Imperial supporters amongst the vendors, we took a moment from our search and did a few digital images with them.

[Image: DSCF2722.jpg]

Finally our sweep completed we returned to the security area and reported our findings. I believe the event organisers were most impressed with us and we are looking forward to protecting the event again next year.

[Image: DSCF2728.jpg]

More photos at: http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu260...1QQtppZZ20

TK-6729 Angelman - End transmission.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
well done guys! great pics too!!
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Awesome report, looks like you had a great day

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. "They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the Gauntlet of the Republic"

[Image: sig1.jpg]
Well done all...awesome stuff, some excellent pics too Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
No way! So many vehicle photo opportunities!

So much fun I think it was probably illegal! Doppeldaumen1
Great work and the pics are awesome Doppeldaumen1
Very nice! Td Good job!
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Feedback from Bob Carroll - Director, Australian Events
I think we made a good impression, well done Redbacks Smile

Oh and I forgot to mention a huge thank you to LadyTarkin and Courtney for wrangling keeping us safe and hydrated.

[Image: EmailfromBob.jpg]
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 389 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 661 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,563 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops