Kedron Wavell RSL Staff Party - 21/01/13
Troop Report 
Date: 21/01/13

Venue: Kedron Wavell RSL, Hamilton Road, Chermside

Time: 5pm-10pm

Mission: To raise funds for YoungCare. We were invited back to this venue as the event organisers were impressed with our awesomeness for the Shave for a Cure event we attended this year.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG
Anakinra - Adi Gallia
Beanie - Cyberman
Bullant - TK
Seantrooper - TC
Darkvoyd - Plo Koon
Deimos - TR
Duras - ID
Glitch - CC Vill
Phoenix - TKC
Rebelrach -Jawa
RedaV - Cylon
Scope - CC Cody
Stormraven - TI
Zerebin - ARC Clone Captain
Thrawn V'jun - Jedi
bigmac - TK

D2L
Azza - Batman
Tachyon - Captain America
Snarky - Jedi
Matt - Spiderman
Blade_Seduction - V
Jasmine - Kitty Pryde

Support Crew:
Aly W!

Detail:

Clone Commander Vill beginning report:

Upon arrival at 5pm, Deimos and I met some of the other troops downstairs in the lobby. We went upstairs, Greeted our fellow troopers and began putting our armaments on for the 6pm mission start. By six all of the troops had arrived upstairs, and majority of us went down to meet the citizens for their staff party.
I remained in the change room for the first 20 minutes, helping suffocate Seantrooper by trying to squeeze him into Beanie's twig sized Snowtrooper armour. I clearly failed as he managed to stick me with the troop report later, but i'll get to that.

When we were ready we went downstairs to see many strange and wonderful costumes and a few dopplegangers. We took many photos with the citizens and compliments for our efforts.
[Image: 739919_4638811360782_7480534_o.jpg]

Later on the announcement was made for the minute of silence to remember our fallen heroes. After the announcement finished, we all bowed our heads and stood quiet, to have our minute of silence replaced with a minute of Cylonse, in which all you could hear was the whirring of Shawn's lights and a "by your command" causing a chain reaction of laughter amongst all the attendees.
[Image: Redbacks21Jan008.jpg]

After this we moved to the main dining hall with the other guests and stood to the side for the announcements. We were called up on stage to receive thanks for our attendance, and to inform the citizens of our mission to raise money for YoungCare.
[Image: Redbacks21Jan021.jpg]
[Image: Redbacks21Jan019.jpg]
[Image: Redbacks21Jan017.jpg]

Rebel Rach took a few holocaptures for us on the night, This one showing a pair of Seans in the same armour they wore to Oz-comicon. Deja Vu was subsequently suffered by all Seans.
[Image: Redbacks21Jan045.jpg]

After hanging around for some pictures a few of us stayed to dance with the nights musical entertainment, the rest of us went upstairs to De-armour. When i went downstairs to get food, i returned to find that everyone had stuck me with the troop report (what great friends i have!) Aly had suffered an episode and everyone was very quiet. Most fortunately she recovered in time and everyone enjoyed dinner. After this a lot of us hung around and chatted for a few hours, the partiers downstairs returned to de-kit, and people began to head off.
Seantrooper was seen trying on a new kind of costume, he did not outdo the multiple crossdressers at the party downstairs however.
[Image: 149589_10151451596849276_837786127_n.jpg]

towards the end of the night most of us were packing up and I suggested we go down to check if there was dessert. To our delight we found pavlova, chocolate cake, icecream, pastries and more! Bullant had waited 15 mins for dessert and when we returned upstairs with our plates full of amazing food we discovered Bullant along with most of us had left because they thought we were leaving when we went downstairs. We enjoyed a good laugh at them while stuffing our faces with chocolate. and then headed off home around 10pm.

On a side note, I had an absolutely fantastic night, heaps of fun and it was great catching up with everybody!

Charity Funds Raised: TBA

Injuries: Aly had an episode but all us caring Redbacks were there to take care of her and worry about her. Especially Azza.

Malfunctions: Rebel Rach's jawa eye popped out and everyone but Glitch forgot their gloves. luckily Duras had some pairs handy.

Public Incidents: Bullant had a citizen hit him while in armour, make sure you watch each others backs troopers!

Mission Status: Complete Success

Photos:
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...f%20Party/?

If i've missed anything let me know!
:GCSN12: -> GCSN16
DW2012 -> DW2016
BN12 -> BN16
wasnt a gang up... we just all felt you have a very nice prose Smile
DW2013 to DW2018
Good job ya'll.
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
My battery box thought it would be a fantastic idea to come lose and fall on my head...Yeah that hurt :P

Other than that it was a really fun night.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Rivits gave out on my holster but otherwise top night
DW2013 to DW2018
(Wednesday 23-Jan-2013, 03:52 PM)Glitch Wrote:  Public Incidents: Bullant had a citizen hit him while in armour, make sure you watch each others backs troopers!

Yep, I'm beginning to think that trooping with drunk punters 'aint such a great idea. He's lucky he body slammed me so hard because it made me take a couple of steps forward and therefore I missed/had time to reconsider as I came around swinging ...

Also, when deciding to get up and boogie on the dance floor, best not to do it in an inward facing circle, makes it hard to see who's coming at you from behind Cheeky
i also had some drunk lady grop me, damn shame the cod piece was in the way :P
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
No problem of that with soft costumes Wink but then people less interested in you when there is hard armour about Sad
DW2013 to DW2018
Great report Glitchy Smile great job team

I don't think we raised any money for this troop.

scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Public Incidents: Bullant had a citizen hit him while in armour, make sure you watch each others backs troopers!

Holy cr@p!

But well done guys, I'm sure you all handled it like true professionals, and raised more much needed funds
Our fundraising efforts for then night were mostly in the selling of raffle tickets for the Yong Adult Care charity, and most of the people were buying $5-10 worth at a time. We had 3 groups going round and my group went through 3.5 books and had a bucket load of cash.

I think the biggest problem of the night was that many of the staff didn't realise we were there as "entertainment/photos" and many though we were just staff dressed up.

Once again trooping with the D2L guys was great.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Same here would of done 3 books easy - normally at 10 tickets a sale ... Couldn't keep up with the queue nearly
DW2013 to DW2018
Great work guys, sounded like a lot of fun Smile
Great troop report Glitch Wink Awesome to troop with oldies and newies and all the D2L crew :D
Awesome work everyone Doppeldaumen1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World's Greatest Shave - Kedron Wavell RSL Report Deimos 13 27,690 Thursday 22-Mar-2012, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Glitch
  Kedron Birthday Party 6th May Chief 4 9,412 Monday 20-Jun-2011, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Phantom
Troop Report Kedron-Wavell RSL Post Kevcon Afterparty Cutter 20 32,977 Sunday 3-Oct-2010, 09:14 PM
Last Post: cobra