Vietnam Veterans Troop - Hervey Bay
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday 8th of June, 2013

Venue: Officeworks - Vietnam Veterans Sausage Sizzle

Time: 9:00am to 12:30pm

Mission: To help draw a crowd to the Veterans Sausage Sizzle and to be Obviously Awesome. Also, spreading the word of the Redback Garrison in the Outer Rim.

Trooper Attendance:

Angelman - TK
Baytrooper - TD
BIDS - TK
LadyTarkin - ID
Wolf - DZ
The Bulb - Wrangler

Support Crew: Anneliese (Partner of Wolf), Bulb's Son, Michael/Lisa's little ones (as Amidala/Darth Vader and Princess Leia, GA Approved now I hear, well done girls)

Detail: Arriving at Officeworks, we got kitted up and prepared to bring the Star Wars love to the people of Hervey Bay. The Veterans sausage sizzle was up and running, and with the smell of it wofting into our lids as we got outside, it was hard not to take them off and tuck in. We had a pull up banner outside next to the sizzle, to help explain our Awesomeness. We handed out lots of flyers to the crowd, so hopefully we are able to recruit some more members from the region to the Best Garrison in Australia (If not, the World Smile ).
The car park quickly filled up with people who had heard of our presence. We patrolled the area with precision ( the likes of which only Stromtroopers are renowned for WinkWink ) and guided people towards the sausage sizzle. The reaction from people was really great, with everyone interested in why and what we do. Lots of photos were taken with the public and Officeworks team members that came out to witness the spectacle. One of the kids actually came down in costume to meet us. A little Darth Vader and also as a Jedi. I’ll have to work on explaining to him which one he should pursue Smile .
The sausage sizzle was a huge success and the Veterans were constantly thanking us thru the day for everything we were doing. They really enjoyed having us there to help and have said we are welcome anytime. A lot of them are Star Wars fans and loved our armor and our dedication to helping charity. They also gave us some tucka and drinks on the house, which was great also. From what they said, they were 3-4 times busier than a normal Saturday for them. I’ll have a final figure on monies raised soon.
After we’d finished up, we made our way to Bulb’s AP to help him with his TK. Some good progression was made, with lots of parts trimmed and sanded. He cooked up some food for us all and we chatted all things Imperial. Twas a Great day with a Great bunch of people. I’m so glad I joined this Garrison. I've got so much joy out of every time I interact with you all Notworthy
Looking forward to many, many more Troops in the future.
For The Empire,
Adam

Charity Funds Raised: $380, nearly 3 times what they normally get - Well done to all involved Doppeldaumen1

Injuries: Negative

Malfunctions: Negative

Public Incidents: Negative

Mission Status: Doppeldaumen1 Successful.

More Photo's Here -
http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/l...ay%20Troop
and here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...426&type=1
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Great stuff troopers! fine work done by all!
Great work, troopers!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Was a fun day, the crowds were great, really friendly people in Hervey Bay, beautiful weather for an outdoor troop too. The Vets had to restock the food, they did sell out, which is a great result.

Thanks for organising this Baytrooper and thanks for organising the accompanying AP TheBulb (the Sunday breakfast was great, farm fresh eggs).

I foresee many great troops happening in the Hervey Bay area .... what ... did someone mention a new shopping centre opening Lol
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Great work !!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Nice work guys :)
And great pics ^^
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
Great report Adam and thanks for arranging the troop. The Vet's were a great bunch and fun to troop for.

It was also nice to have a troop so close to home for a change.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Sounds like a great success and the pics are awesome. Lady Tarkin's little princesses are gorgeous!
Well done Adam and team!
Great stuff troopers
Awesome
Great report and supporting a great cause...well done everyone
Ratchet
TK-15378
SOUTHERN CROSS GARRISON 
Great job guys
Like to say thanks from Anna , Abigail-Rose and Angelique for great fun at troop and especially to Michael's daughter for beening a big sister figure to abi also , was great well run event and did hand out a lot of flyers and about 99 of my tag trading cards (1500 left to give away) and we can't wait till next event . We also made it on local radio stations news breaks and one some face book groups , and think soon we have new members joining up.
Cheers
Wolf and familia
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
The photo of Jordy and little Abi is one of my favourite shots of an awesome troop - thanks to all !
DW2012  :GCSN12:
:DW13:  GCSN13

Hi5
Awesome job guys!!!!
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Hervey Bay Special Care Nursery Fun Day Troop Firestorm 18 25,110 Thursday 28-Apr-2016, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Whitey