Building my first armour
So this is gonna be my very first trooper / star wars costume and I've chosen to do captain rex in a live action from AOTC in phase 1. so I've got a list of parts already and it just more to see if these parts would be acceptable. I've already got a plan of how I'm gonna paint it by paint it black the a mat white on top with it looking chipped by using latex.  sorry for the amount of it.

Underbody suite 

it continues

another one

last one

so all the armour pieces are from takanoart on Etsy, if anyone is able to help me that would be a great help thank you [url=https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/Takanoart?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1357180620][/url]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is the CRL for the costume you’re looking at .

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost...x_Sideshow

If you haven’t already then open an account on the Clonetrooper detachment forums.

https://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/

I’m not personally familiar with the product you’re looking at , hopefully Bolt will add his opinion as he may be familiar .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Hi Dregen

First of all there is actually no CRL for the Phase 1 (Sideshow) Captain Rex yet. The link Cyclops has provided is for the Phase 2 (Sideshow) Captain Rex which actually does have a CRL. 
This could make it difficult for approval. I would check the CTD forums for further information. 

However here are my thoughts if that is useful:

Armour kit. https://www.etsy.com/shop/Takanoart?ref=...ugg_market

I have never heard of Takanoart before, their armour looks like mid quality at best and I'd almost dare say it's recast. 

A few things I noticed:

- Back plate detail is not approvable
- Com pad is not approvable
- Two rear belt boxes are not approvable. 

The details are all too sloppy, and enlarged on those items. 

- Butt plate is missing material needed to make the side tab. It is possible to add material to create these, but it is just extra work. Other sellers have butt plates with this included. 

- I also don't see a belt kit listed, he has the belt boxes but not the actual belt. So it would have to be sourced elsewhere. 

- His prices are also very expensive, my vote is that this kit is a waste of money. 

Helmet

Is that a Dave's Custom Creations helmet? If so it is actually approvable. 

Neckseal

Looks like a Darman neckseal. He makes excellent neckseals, good choice. 

Undersuit

As I said recently to another recruit. Do not buy this undersuit. It is wool and will be too hot, you will die. Buy black active wear, Aldi sell it when they have it in. 

My 2 cents.. get a kit from Imperial Surplus or Chris the Prop guy when he opens his store again.
[Image: 53635972792_7031aa3c80_z.jpg]
My bad on the CRL link , missed the phase1 part , Bolt has however reiterated the points on vendors I sent in the PM .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
(Sunday 12-Mar-2023, 08:30 PM)Bolt_2112 Wrote:  Hi Dregen

First of all there is actually no CRL for the Phase 1 (Sideshow) Captain Rex yet. The link Cyclops has provided is for the Phase 2 (Sideshow) Captain Rex which actually does have a CRL. 
This could make it difficult for approval. I would check the CTD forums for further information. 

I have never heard of Takanoart before, their armour looks like mid quality at best and I'd almost dare say it's recast. 

A few things I noticed:

- Butt plate is missing material needed to make the side tab. It is possible to add material to create these, but it is just extra work. Other sellers have butt plates with this included. 

- I also don't see a belt kit listed, he has the belt boxes but not the actual belt. So it would have to be sourced elsewhere. 

- His prices are also very expensive, my vote is that this kit is a waste of money. 

Helmet

Neckseal

Undersuit

As I said recently to another recruit. Do not buy this undersuit. It is wool and will be too hot, you will die. Buy black active wear, Aldi sell it when they have it in. 

My 2 cents.. get a kit from Imperial Surplus or Chris the Prop guy when he opens his store again.
Mate your an apsolute legend , thanks for the feed back beyond helpful i'll keep an eye out for what you recommended and will also check out those other forums as well. again thank you
(Sunday 12-Mar-2023, 08:30 PM)Bolt_2112 Wrote:  Hi Dregen

A few things I noticed:

Helmet

Neckseal

Undersuit

My 2 cents.. get a kit from Imperial Surplus or Chris the Prop guy when he opens his storei had a look at teh helmet and its done by RepublicArmoryRO
(Sunday 12-Mar-2023, 08:30 PM)Bolt_2112 Wrote:  Undersuit

About the woollen undersuit, it's very accurate. I made the mistake of buying one and I regretted it. It really is very hot.