DLT-19/MG-34 Sling.
Wondering if there's any particular sling that is used for the DLT-19?

Back in it's day the MG-34 used a brown leather sling during WWII however, due to the weapon being cleaned constantly, usage, weather & environment conditions the sling would become tainted & so eventually appeared black in colour.

Post war the slings were made from a webbing type material with countries that continued to use the MG-34 & MG-42 & later developed so that the sling could be attached to either weapon.

The sling can be divided/ split in to to make a carrying handle running from below the trigger grip, up either side & along the barrel & connected to the forward sling attachment short of the bi-pod so that it could be carried using one arm & at the same time be balanced.
This made carrying the weapon with one arm somewhat comfortable for the gunner.
Sandwiched between the sling and the leather strip was a padding of horsehair along the middle section of the sling, this was to offer a better grip when carried in this manner.

If there's not any particular sling to use if you wish to use a sling with a DLT-19 I plan to purchase a webbing type version so that I can dye it black.

Any feed back welcome & err... if nothing else maybe someone learnt something new today from my little history lesson, lol Cheeky

Jag Smile
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Thanks Jag...I was considering getting a sling for mine.

When I have time I will look into getting one later on.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Chances are that the Mos Eisley Police Dept will be the best place to find out that (its the sand trooper forum). Link is here... http://www.mepd.net/
Check either in the "weathering" or Heavy blasters" sections
It should be there somewhere or some one there will know.
You will have to join to ask on the forums, but its a great forum to be part of.Doppeldaumen1
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
I can't remember any DLT-19's with slings in the movie. Huh

Your not thinking of the T-21 ? That had a sling in the movie.
(Saturday 14-May-2011, 08:05 AM)Phantom Wrote:  Thanks Jag...I was considering getting a sling for mine.

When I have time I will look into getting one later on.

Welcome Phantom, here's a link to a website selling the webbing type & as such I think it will be easy to dye black & hold it's colour well if you get this type.

http://hikishop.net/ww2-german-mg34mg42-...p-485.html

Thanks Agent I'll join them & ask around.

Crypto, yea I don't remember seeing any in the movies as well for the DLT-19 apart from the T-21.... thanks all.

Jag Smile
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
No I can't remember seeing on in the movie either. Would be nice to have because they are so heavy to carry around, but worried about cracking the armour etc if you fling it over your shoulder or carry it like that for to long.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Yes very true, I think you'll need to wk out a balance between holding & when slung over your shoulder so in a sense doing both at the same time to juggle the weight so it's not fully all on one part.
The other issue I could see are where you connect the sling to the sling attachments, would the weight over time tear/ destroy these parts of the resin moulds if your DLT is made fm resin?
Last thing to consider is if the sling will be able to be attached?
I'm not to fussed about screen accuracy using a sling but would like to use a correct type version based on the WWII sling.

I got a reply mail fm Grand Moff Niko of the TAG forum yesterday after originally sending him a enquiry about the DLT-19 over a week or so ago. Even contacted a member fm TAG on the FISD forum to make some enquiries to see if Niko was still floating around which he did.
I asked yesterday if his resin version was still available so still waiting on a reply.

Jag Smile
Ernest Hemingway
Niko is the online seller of these products that are made by the plastic empire. He doest do pm's so you are best to email him. I got my scout blaster off him last week and he was always quick to respond. Just be sure to email him.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
(Sunday 15-May-2011, 04:50 PM)Deltorn Wrote:  Niko is the online seller of these products that are made by the plastic empire. He doest do pm's so you are best to email him. I got my scout blaster off him last week and he was always quick to respond. Just be sure to email him.

Hi Del, thanks for the heads up.

Didn't realize he does Scout blasters as well, I'll hit him up about one once he gets back to me ref the DLT-19, been a few days now & still no word.
I sent him a mail originally as I didn't want to join TAG & then found a old post on FISD which in turn lead me to a TAG member who got a hold of him to say I had sent him a email.

Jag
Ernest Hemingway
Sorry mate. Life has been crazy. Email inbound. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T-21 Rear Sling Swivel. Jaggered 4 1,506 Monday 30-Apr-2012, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Jaggered