New recruit - Sunshine Coast
Hey there, I'm Daniel and recently moved to the Sunshine Coast from Brisbane.

Nice to meet you!

I have thought about joining for a while and met a few of the 501st while I was at Supanova and Brick Events as a Lego man in maybe 2017/18.

I've read though the forums and will get started at White armour, my main question on actually getting the armour for the build is for the Australian context, are there any suppliers here locally or is it generally best for the international ones?

Looking to make a TK, probably ESB which might happen early next year and then keen to get involved in events.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome to the forums ..
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Welcome to the forums. Regarding Australia for kits I’m pretty sure Chris the Prop Guy has started to sell kits again but as with all purchases please do your research before buying anything.

Although I personally haven’t heard anything bad about Chris’s kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Ouch who put that bulkhead there”
Always ask questions. Post a build thread. Ask more questions.
Welcome to the Redback forums. Good luck on your journey and check out the Stormtrooper detachment if you haven't already
www.whitearmor.net
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Thank you!
Welcome to the Redback’s
Please please ask questions about kits and makers before you buy as we don not want to see you wasting money on something that won’t be approved. Be aware also some vendors post they are 501st approved and they aren’t.
A build thread on here will also help your approval application.
Good luck ?
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Thanks, so I'm looking at the kit from Chris the Prop Guy - is there a way to find out if that's 501st approved? I haven't ordered the kit yet but hopefully will soon and get started in the new year putting it together.
Welcome Dan. What size are you? Height/weight/shoe size. There might be a TK lying around someone wants to sell. Just remember buying a second hand approved costume is no guarantee that it will be approved with you. The CRL could have changed since it was approved, and it might not fit you the same as the original owner. But if things line up it can give you a head start and its an option to consider.

There are also cheaper, simpler costumes to consider when starting out. The TK is the iconic character most have in mind, but a Tie, RFT or Scout are good starter options, and again someone might have one to sell.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Thanks Teiwaz, (sorry about the late reply, I didn't see the notification)

That's a great idea. I am 172cm, roughly 72kg and shoe size is 9.

Is there a separate forum area where people might post that they're selling?
Hi Dan,
Welcome.
Like you I’m new to this TK build - last year I purchased a built bucket from Chris the prop guy. Really just to see how they were built. The bucket was not perfect, and Chris sent extra ears. Doing your own research is essential as there is a lot to learn and experience from building your own kit, especially if you’ve never done something similar.
However I ordered a full TK Stunt ANH kit from WTF - collected all the paints, tools, under gear, neck brace, holster, snaps and accessories etc ) some yet to arrive. Had first cut procrastination, read heaps here and on white armour, looked at plenty of uTube videos and started with the hand plates.
I really need to knuckle down and build - just didn’t want to get it wrong.
Talk about measure twice and cut maybe tomorrow lol.
I should start a build thread - just working out how and where to do it.
Meanwhile keeping an eye open for a troop and or build party.
Keep in touch and all the best.
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to order a kit shortly so I can get started next year.

You should definitely start a build thread here!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sunshine Coast Intro dlrmatrix 7 3,199 Friday 11-Sep-2020, 08:03 AM
Last Post: scoot040
  Sunshine Coast Intro dlrmatrix 0 903 Saturday 29-Aug-2020, 11:48 AM
Last Post: dlrmatrix
  Sunshine Coast Intro dlrmatrix 0 897 Saturday 29-Aug-2020, 11:44 AM
Last Post: dlrmatrix