Bayside to Bald Hills
Troop Report 
Date: 22nd July 2012

Venue: Green Apples Wellness Centre, Bald Hills

Time: 8am - 11am

Mission: Celebrate the 27th year of this fun run and bring some Imperial awesomeness to the event.

Trooper Attendance: Ashbash, Phantom, Kev Vader, Stormraven, Buzzard, Cutter, Cavalier, Jimcricket

Guest Trooper Attendance: Tiri (RL)

Support Crew: Bullant, Birthday Boy HopFot

Detail: In the early hours of Sunday morning and after having a LARGE coffee I made my way to Bald Hills. After my transport arrived at the area I found that they had cordoned off part of the street after passing through the check point I found trooper Ashbash had been there for a while incognito scanning for rebels. After a quick chat to the organiser we where shown to our change room. Ashbash and I secured the area and awaited the arrival of troopers. Shortly after Kev Vader arrived we showed the Dark Lord to the change area and I notified him of a spare transport park close by, reserved for a florist, but Vader had scant regard for this signage.
The three of us set up our outpost and positioned ourselves after an illegally parked vehicle was removed. Propaganda setup, outpost ready Buzzard and cadet Bullant arrived. We moved into the change area. While getting changed I was informed that Cutter, Tiri and Cav had arrived and then Buzzard and Stormraven went out to help man the outpost. The Jedi presence was felt by Vader but he assured me that she would be of assistance not a hinderance for the day so no disintegrations. While suiting up this bounty hunter found that he had been sabotaged and there was no jetpack harness in his kit, so swearing and cursing myself I went without a jetpack. Needless to say Lord Vader was not impressed.
Once out an mingling with the supporters and cheering on the runners, walkers and cyclists we found we where short one clone. Jimcricket turned up late, blaming an alarm clock malfunction.
Troopers Cavalier and Jimcricket took part in a version of Tai Chi along with very relaxing music, so much so that Cutter almost feel asleep.
During the day some younglings thought it would be fun to pull on Vaders cloak and my wookie braids and back plate. After my braids where torn off and my back plate jerked pretty hard I had some stern words to these younglings I informed them I don't mind if you ask to touch but do not pull on or hit my armour again. The boy who pulled on my back plate came up to me with his mother soon after and he apologised, the parents of the four other children where nowhere to be seen, but I must have scared them enough as I didn't see them again.
Cutter was asked to say a few words and did an amazing job off the cuff and I thank him for that, it was a great speech and I think he got more applause than anyone else did on the day.
Nearing the end we where asked if someone wanted to Zumba....all fingers pointed to Jimcricket. He didn't dissapoint. Up there and shaking it with the ladies. I am reliably informed that an overheard conversation questioning whether Jim was male or female, the ladies where set straight that Jim was indeed male. The result was 'oh...he does have good rhythm'....nice work Jim 'Swivel Hips' cricket.
As the crowd thinned out we called it a day, while I got out of armour the troops dismantled our outpost and we packed it in.
We had a beer or two...raised our glass to the empire then tucked in to some really nice wood fired pizzas.
Our bellys full and after tales of the day and of past troops we all bid farewell and departed for our own part of the system.
All in all a pretty good day. Lots of kids and adults enjoyed us being there and lots of questions asked and heaps of photos where taken.
[Image: DSCF4959.jpg]

Charity Funds Raised: Unknown, Camp Quality where handed the locked tins at the end, but from rough estimates about $40-50.

Injuries: Nil

Malfunctions: My jetpack harness...or lack thereof, wookie braids ripped off, Vaders batteries running out, but luckily he had spares.

Public Incidents: Nil....only just

Mission Status: Success. I spoke with the Green Apples ladies and they loved having us there to add another dimension to the day. I think we might get an invite next year and maybe even to do the run/walk if anyone is keen.

Photos & Video: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...d%20Hills/
Don't forget to check out the Zumba Jim video Wink
[Image: th_DSCF4967.jpg]
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great job guys and girls. Glad you had some fun.

scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Great work troopers
Great job all, awesome report. Bugger we had to miss this one Sad
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
This was a nice fun troop and they really seemed to enjoy having us around, the real highlight for them though was the zumba trooper. I think next year Jim will have to get some back up dancers to make an even bigger impression..
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Fantastic troop :D Awesome job to everyone!
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
great troop with some great company. Thanks everyone!
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Thanks for having me along, I enjoyed my first time as wrangler. Hope the photos were ok, if you let me know next time I'll bring my big camera Smile And sorry that the kid got your braids, but at least I stopped him getting cutter's blaster ...
wow great work, no chance in hell of me attending an event on a sunday morning 8am.... but very good work to those that do!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Props, Jim. Those hiphop classes are really paying off!

Hopefully once all the renos are completed (do they ever get completed?) then I should be able to attend more troops like this! Great turn out, for a great charity!

Congrats guys! Awesome work!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
good work everyone.
Congrats everyone!!! Looks like a great troop Smile
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think every woman should have a blowtorch. - Julia Child

DW2012 BN12
Great work everyone, sorry I missed this.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Another amazing troop folks. I'm itching to get the chance to get out there with you.
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Well said Tim...me too...COME ON ARMOR!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think every woman should have a blowtorch. - Julia Child

DW2012 BN12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Camp Quality Charity Walk - Bald Hills Diatium 18 25,912 Monday 20-Jul-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Bally
Troop Report Bayside to Bay Hills 21/7/13 Bullant 8 14,172 Monday 22-Jul-2013, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Buzzard