Troop report - Townsville Million Paws Walk
Troop Report 
Date: 19 May 2013

Venue: The Strand, Townsville

Time: 09:00 – 11:00

Mission: Participate in the Million Paws Walk which raises money for the RSPCA, and make the event more fun for everyone with our presence.

Trooper Attendance: CatThrawn, Seantrooper, NQDude

Guest Trooper Attendance: Jawa Ty, Khan-i-Wan-Kenobi the Chewie dog.

Support Crew: Some family stopped by to hold things and take photos.

Detail: We assembled around 08:30 and set up at the cars before proceeding over to the staging area prior to the walk starting. Fortune had it that the crowd was gathered to hear the introduction of the walk, so we had an audience and drew lots of attention.

Kids and adults had photos with us, WIN and Seven News both filmed us, and the Townsville Bulletin newspaper took photos. We were asked by the roving microphone about our costumes and characters, so CatThrawn took the mic to answer questions.

The walk started at 09:00. We started at the back as we knew we would be slower than most. Our AT-AT is no race dog! We were stopped many times along the walk for photos with people and dogs, including a giant one on two legs. We also posed with the Townsville Crocodiles (NBL) mascot ‘Croc’ back at the staging area, so will share that photo with the Crocodiles on Facebook.

We only did part of the actual walk, as the Strand is long and we would have been there all day sweltering as we stopped for photos. Instead we did the first leg of the walk and then hung around the main event area for photos.

Charity Funds Raised: Not a fundraiser, but we registered for the walk which involves paying $10-$15 each.

Injuries: Nil.

Malfunctions: An AT-AT tooth fell out, we put it back in.

Public Incidents: None, a couple of kids got shy, but all the dogs loved us!

Mission Status: Success. Would like for next year to arrange to carry donation tins so people can make a donation when having photos with us. Will work on that.

Photos: Photos are on my photobucket account, they can be shared from there. Will add more as they come my way. http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/CatThrawn/story/73833#
Hey congrats guys! Goes to show you don't need a big number of troopers to make an impact! Got any pics?? Well done!
Thanks love! Check the photobucket link chicky, is on facebook too Smile
was an awesome troop, thanks for organising cat!
Everybody LOVED the ATAT and it was a good opportunity for me remind everyone that I'm still a TK Commander Wink

Love this shot too!

[Image: IMG_1442_zps27db5de7.jpg?t=1368933122]
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Great work guys glad to see you out and promoting both Legions up there, hopefully you will get some new recruits out of this.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Smile nice work there troopers!
Well done, we had a ball at the Million Paws walk down here too. Definitely doing this one again next year and yes we're always surprised that all the dogs are so very well behaved and don't freak out at our costumes.
Love the AT-AT, we'd need an all terrain one.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Piccies! I wanna see the puppies!!
Here's the link to the Townsville photos, and will add a few to that in coming days - http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/CatThrawn/story/73833
group shot my dad got

[Image: 942960_10151543476954300_790733734_n.jpg]
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Well done guys.
[Image: 47f92236e9a9fa48.png]
:cv::dw11::cvi:GCSN13:DW13:
That's a nice one!
Well done guys this is just one of the many reasons why I love adore and proud to be a member of the mighty Redbacks and I love the little gorgeous AT-AT.
Great work CatThrawn, Seantrooper, NQDude, Jawa Ty and Khan-i-Wan-Kenobi the Chewie dog.Doppeldaumen1
The AT-AT was a good idea, I'm really glad I thought of it Wink
Great to see Townsville representing...now we just wait for all those new Townsville recruits to sign up! Smile
Awesome job,looked like a fun troop.

damn work. making me miss it Sad
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 387 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 660 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,551 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops