Troop Report 
Date:
13th July 2013

Venue:
Kruger Hall Kallangur

Time:
2pm

Mission:
To bring awesome-ness to a wedding and surprise both the bride AND the groom.

Trooper Attendance:
TK-8647 Bullant
TK-51173 Cyclops
TK-26976 Duras
TKC-4875 Phoenix

Guest Trooper Attendance:
None

Support Crew:
11573 MammaSith

Detail:
Nichole sent a request through our website two weeks ago, asking at the last minutes for some stormtroopers to surprise her Star Wars mad groom at their wedding. At the time nobody was available so we had to decline.

A week later MammaSmith coincidentally ran into the celebrant for the wedding and was explaining what we did as a group. The celebrant sent through another request (not knowing about the original one) and asked if we could supply some stormtroopers to surprise both the bride and groom.

Upon hearing that they also had a Scottish Bagpiper organised to play the Star Wars theme as the bride walked down the aisle, I managed to re-organise my day so that I could take my Joey scouts on their 4 Km walk at the Kokoda Challenged Junior Games then handed them off to some other leaders so I could speed up the motorway to get to Kallangur on time.

I arrived to see that MammaSith, Cylclops and Phoenix were already there, but nobody else was ... Shortly after the celebrant arrived and after initially being told we were changing in the toilets we managed to organise an upgrade to a sectioned off area next to the kitchen.

The wedding itself was one of the more interesting I've been to. The groom is an ex-paratrooper who builds antique bikes for a hobby. The reception tables had beautiful floral arrangements ... alongside 7.62mm ammo boxes Smile

Just before the start of the ceremony, we marched out of our hiding spot and followed the piper out to a nice shady spot on a hill overlooking the ceremony. We formed up and waited for the groom to arrive on his hand built penny-farthing bike. He was shocked to see us and there was much excited pointing in our direction.

But nothing beats the reaction of the bride who upon getting out of her wedding car was seen to jump up and down and squeal with surprise and joy.

We came to attention whilst the piper piped the Star Wars theme and the bride walked down the aisle, and then stood guard during the ceremony.

After the ceremony we wandered down the hill and had photos with the bridal party, their family, most of the guest, the celebrant, the piper ... and the official photographers Smile

[Image: 992244_10200931957478961_2083837573_n.jpg]

With that, it was time to depart and we headed off to a standing ovation from the assembled crowd.

We just had time to stop and take some photos with some nice bikes on the way out.

[Image: 1068853_10200932085282156_920255863_n.jpg]
Charity Funds Raised:
$150

Injuries:
None

Malfunctions:
None

Public Incidents:
None

Mission Status:
Judging by the squeal of delight from the bride when she arrived and the standing ovation from the wedding guest as we were leaving, I'd have to say complete success.

Photos:
http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/l...t=4&page=1
Great work troopers
Nice work troopers...as usual Smile
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Great work!!!! I am defiantly getting an imperial guard at my wedding!!!! All I need is someone to go with.......... Ill get back to you on that one :P
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
Awesome stuff guys!!! Well done at short notice!!
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Nice work, even if sandy free...
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Nice work Troopers, what an honor to be part of someones special day.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Something that they will never forget. What a way to start a marriage.
GCSN16 BN16  FNG
DW2016 DW2017
 Everyone SMILE Peace The Selfie Scout strikes again 
Well done Troopers, good job...

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Heehee the mix up was almost meant to be. What a fabulous surprise for the wedding.
Great work troopers !
nice work! That's one special day that's extra special now!
Well done you guys, you turned a memorable day into something even better. Awesome on such short notice too. :-)
Awesome job as usual, guys! Well done!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Downe Syndrome 'Step Up' Event Gold Coast - Sunday 13th of October 2013 APOK 0 3,947 Sunday 27-Oct-2013, 11:01 AM
Last Post: APOK
Troop Report Gold FM Certificate of Appreciation Ceremony - 19th July 2013 APOK 3 7,398 Wednesday 31-Jul-2013, 06:44 PM
Last Post: BIDS
Troop Report Medical Student Association Mixer - Sunday 7th of July 2013 APOK 11 19,420 Monday 22-Jul-2013, 08:22 PM
Last Post: muppet