Blaster Import Q & A
i atully sent off the form going on almost 4 weeks ago. still no reply. i have the seller in the USA waiting to send the blaster. should i call the office to see if it arrived or the permit is on its way. i don't particaly want to hurass them and make trouble for this garrison if i can.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
I just heard from Phantom... Because he faxed the form with pix. Then rang to confirm. He got approval over the phone... On the spot.

Give them a call and gently enquire about your application, Jimcricket.... Please be nice.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Jim...they have a back log with the new laws coming in...he gave me verbal ok but said it would still be just over 3 weeks before I get the written approval...
I asked the question if I pay for it now and import it will there be a problem..He told me that so long as you have your application in and there isnt any issues with the application, if customs get in touch with you and it has been flagged or held up all you need to do is tell them that you are awaiting your approval and they will hold it for 120 days
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Awesome info Phantom.

Great additional information.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
thank you both. i will call them tomorrow and enquire.
just an update to help othere ppl in the future. got a call back from the licenseing branch this morning (unfortunaly i was still asleep i must of sounded like an idiot) from a very stern fellow. one thing i failed to put on my app was what sort of blaster it was. i just put down star wars blaster and sent in pics. i let him know it was clone blaster rifle. he was very clear why i needed to state what sort weapon it was and gave me a few examples of blaster (from the star wars movies) based on real weapons. i appologised for my mistake. they are going to get back to me.
i wanted to post this up to let other members know how on the ball the licenseing branch are and not to leave out small details like that.
So If it's a DLT-19, then you tell them it's a "Star Wars DLT-19 / Modified MG34 replica"?
Pretty much...also add that it is a star wars movie prop, resin cast (or whatever construction), no moving parts

BN14GCSN15
i would also add things like 'stormtrooper blaster' or 'han solo blaster'. gives them an idea. they know what weapons were modded off real weapons. i am personaly going to sit on my hands for the moment and let them get back to me.
When I imported my dc-15 I told them that it was a sw clone rifle which was not based off any existing real life weapon. And with my fett blaster I stated that it was based off Webley & Scott flare gun, cast in resin which cant be fired but does have a real scope. I am still waiting for a reply.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Hey, uh I feel like a real idiot, but I've no idea what to put on the form Dunno

I mean, in this bit: 'List below the full detail of the item/s you wish to import including: Make, Model, Type, Action, Calibre, Mag Capacity, Serial Number, and Barrel Length'.

I don't spend much of my time importing weapons so I've not the foggiest as to what to put in that section :/

These are the sexy beasts that I'm wanting to import (fully assembled) X2

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.p...#msg439728

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Smile
Nom :3
Shep...in that section basically describe the blaster by name - I couldn't see the pics btw - what it is made from, if it is a replica of a real firearm or based on a real firearm, does it have moving parts.
Example this is what I put on mine from memory I don't have the form here with me right now:
Star Wars movie prop Ion Blaster used by the Jawas in the movie A New Hope. Based on a Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mark 3 rifle which had the barrel removed and shortend and with the stock heavily cut. The blaster being imported will be a resin cast with no moving parts and will be used as a prop with a costume.
Don't forget to also include a couple of photos the blaster by itself and being held by the character ie Ion Blaster being held by a Jawa.
Hope this helps if not let me know and I can see if I can help further.

BN14GCSN15
just got a letter from the licensing branch. because the clone blaster rifle was based off some parts of a MG34 it is classes as a category R weapon (machine gun). so my application was rejected. i would need a Category R license and then get a form from an Armourer that it is permanently inpoerable. not sure it is would the bother getting the license i may have to build my own. (sigh)
Mate, just build your own.

I built mine out of posterboard, it's tough, looks the part and cheap to make.

And if a kid drops it no problemo .
lol just sent you a pm crypto. looks like i am building it. allways up for a challenge Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firearm ie replica import restrictions Hunter930 6 1,993 Tuesday 17-Jun-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ACE
  MSP5 - Import permit needed Bullant 8 2,764 Thursday 10-Oct-2013, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Bullant