Walk with me - Cairns 13/09/2015
Date: Sunday 13/09/2015

Venue: Fogarty Park, The Esplanade

Time: 1600 - 1700

Mission: Walk, and mingle, with people with a variety of disabilities and their families, in order to raise awareness. Photo opportunities with people in attendance.

Trooper Attendance: TR5973 Cybermew3 / RoTJ Imperial Guard

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:l Nil

Details: Attended and spoke with the organiser. Kitted up and headed out.

After a brief walk, some statueing at an information stall was in order, which a number of the young kids enjoyed. Lots of photos next with people with a variety of different disabilities, all of whom were enjoying it.

I had 3 followers for the whole time I was there, 2 young girls and a young boy, who were promptly telling everyone that I was, "A big red man, a real man." 1 of them also drew a picture of me (attached).

Afterwards I had the opportunity to chat to a couple of the different groups that were present about the 501st, and what we do. In particular the deaf group really made the day worth it. They were curious to know more, and an interpreter asked if I could spend time talking to her about the 501st. As she finished signing the information across to the 15 or so adults and children who were apart of this particular group, in unison they all put their hands in the air, shaking them for about 10 seconds, grinning from ear to ear. I was told that was the deaf clap, and is an experience I won't soon forget. They were thrilled that there were people out there who would take an interest in not only them, but in other good causes.

Charity Funds Raised: N/A

Injuries / Malfunctions: Nil

Public Incidents: Nil

Mission Status: Success! The organiser of the event was grateful that we would support his event, even if it was a sole TR attending. The people enjoyed having something different (a couple even knew what I was!), and many photos were taken.

Photos:

[Image: 11998195_10153566171097141_168640038_n_zpsyuio06dn.jpg]
That is awesome dude. A great solo troop, and putting out there what it is that we do. A stand up job. Congrats and very well done. You're an inspiration.
Weĺl done.
I tip my bucket to you sir.
Truly an inspiration, great work...well done!
Great work there Cybermew Notworthy , sounds like you picked up some personal wranglers there.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Fantastic effort Cybermew and to do it solo is even more noteworthy.

My wife also adds her congrats, as a Cairns girl she thought the effort was outstanding.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Awesome Job Mate! Sounds like it was a really rewarding troop and a fantastic Experience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report MS Moonlight Walk 23rd Oct 2015 Beanie 10 15,692 Tuesday 27-Oct-2015, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MyKill
  Mater Little Miracles Walk 2015 Mortogg 6 10,815 Thursday 4-Jun-2015, 07:37 AM
Last Post: DannytheBlue
Troop Report Million Paws Walk 2015 Sithprincess 5 9,057 Friday 22-May-2015, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Sithprincess