Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland 2022 (3rd + 10th + 17th)
Troop Report 
Saturday 3rd

-Scotty report-

I arrived at 6, Jawajess and ringmaster were already there hoping they were in the right spot.
Oxy arrived soon after, just waiting on MyKill who said he would be a bit late and would make his own way in.

Started kitting up around 6.20, everyone ready by 6.40, we were about to walk in when MyKill arrived and performed possibly the quickest carpark change ever and we walked in together. Massive queue to get in , so lots of excited big and little kids along the walk to the gate.

SES were expecting us and got us straight in the gate, so no problems like last year!
We made our way to the same spot as last year just in time for the gates to open at 7.
From then it was a steady stream of people and photos, we had a queue between 5-10 groups most of the night.
Troopers did a great job, the crying child count was high, but we also managed to turn quite a few scared kids over to the dark side.
‘Vader’ count for MyKill was around 26, Jawajess got called ‘the Burger Ring guy’, (we think they meant the Gobbledok) and a few ‘Ewok’. Ringmaster was stoked because he got told ‘You’re a skin in Fortnite!’.

No armour malfunctions.

Highlight of the night for me was Nanna, who got pushed in a wheelchair into the photo, but nobody put the brakes on so she started rolling away!
They did ask about lighting, I requested if we could have a light behind us, as older phones still struggle to focus in the light we have.
It quieted down around 8.45, so we took the opportunity to do one last wander around and head off.

[Image: 52555996010_d0e695d063_z.jpg]

[Image: 52555996060_1a5a7ac55f_z.jpg]

Saturday 10th

- Bolt report -

Date: December 10, 2022

Venue: Queens Park, Botanical Gardens Toowoomba

Time: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Mission: To be awesome at the Wonderland

Details:

0600: Myself, Snips and Boba arrived early and signed into the park
0630: After scouting out a location for the night, we kitted up and headed back in.
0700: Making our way through the crowds we set up and began taking photos with the public.
0800: Our first break in the sea of people, solid photos for an hour!
0830: After a lot more photos we moved for some pics of our own
0900: Finishing up we signed out.

Big thanks to Boba for coming up the hill and trooping with me. Snips also had a huge night wrangling the crowd and trying to get them to behave and form a line. She almost lost her voice in the process!
Favourite quotes from the locals:
“Look! A Star War!”
“We are being invaded by aliens!”
“Mum what are those??”
“Look! Robots!”

Boba made one kid cry and I got my Santa hat stuck in a low tree. One lady grabbed my shoulder bell and got offended when I told her not to put her arm around me.

[Image: 52555821339_bc306f1db9_z.jpg]

[Image: 52555525806_c5c55c176b_z.jpg]

Sat 17th

- Bolt report - 

Date: December 17, 2022

Venue: Queens Park, Botanical Gardens Toowoomba

Time: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Troopers in attendance: Bolt, Snips, Scotty33, Studio49, Ringmaster, Mykill
Wranglers: Jawajess, Oxy

Mission: To be awesome at the Wonderland

Details:

0600: Troopers arrived
0630: We signed in for the night then returned to the vehicles to suit up.
0650: After everyone was suited up we headed into the park and signed in.
0700: Gates opened and cries of “Look! Star Wars!” could be heard from everywhere
0800: The fastest hour ever! A huge crowd gathered around us and we took many photos.
0900: Wrapping things up, Jonah charged out of the park and we signed out for the night.

A massive night for us, we could have trooped for another hour, there were so many people!
A big thank you to everyone who came for this, we had a great turn-out and plenty of kids (big and small) walked off with a big smile on their face. It’s a tough event to wrangle and troop, well done!

Favourite quotes from the locals:
One kid looked Jonah in the visor and said “I love you”
“I thought you were wanted by the first order” (Directed at Bo Katan)??
“Hey there’s an army one” (Directed at Kashyyyk trooper)
“I’ve never seen Star Wars but it’s my favourite”
“I want a lego of all of you”

Notes:
Mykill was called Vader many times, I think he kept count (11??)
One lady had the most amazing Star Wars jacket with Vader and Tk’s on the back, Scotty and I were instantly jealous.

Pretty sure we only made one kid cry which is impressive.
 I was too slow to high-five a kid, so he just slapped me in the stomach instead.

Injuries/Malfunctions:

Scotty had a malfunction with his shoulder bell I think, Jawajess helped him to fix it.
My fans kept dying/coming back to life.

[Image: 52568627261_055b7eb3b5_z.jpg]
[Image: 53635972792_7031aa3c80_z.jpg]
One thing harder then seeing in a helmet is seeing in a helmet at night!
Great work guys!
Automatic doors make me feel like a jedi 

DW2016   DW2017 DW2018 DW2019
[Image: Q8GkS6o.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland 2023 (2nd, 9th,16th) Bolt_2112 2 356 Tuesday 19-Dec-2023, 11:44 PM
Last Post: BobaCanuck
  Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland 2021 Troop #1 Bolt_2112 6 1,590 Wednesday 24-Aug-2022, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Bolt_2112
  Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland 2021 Troop #2 Bolt_2112 5 2,338 Monday 20-Dec-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: BobaCanuck