Newbie (soon to be) Trooper!
Welcome! ^-^
Welcome to the Redback Forums!

Live out Gatton way, eh? Wouldn't happen to know a Marty Warburton would you....?
Hi Shalord,
welcome to the forums.
We have quite a nice group just up the hill in Toowoomba.
On the 29th of June we have quite a few troopers coming to Grand Central for our annual Give me 5 for Kids troop. Come along and introduce yourself. Check out some armour and be part of the fun.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Welcome Shalord as Agent Smith said there is a little cluster of Redbacks around Tbar and the next local event will the give me 5 for kids on the 29th. If you can make it along to this ( or another ) event it would give you a chance to see some finished armor up close and talk to a few members about how they go together.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome, good luck with your research.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Thursday 13-Jun-2013, 10:45 PM)Kev Vader Wrote:  Welcome to the Redback Forums!

Live out Gatton way, eh? Wouldn't happen to know a Marty Warburton would you....?

Thanks for the welcome.. Nah, not *yet*

(Thursday 13-Jun-2013, 10:48 PM)Agent Smith Wrote:  Hi Shalord,
welcome to the forums.
We have quite a nice group just up the hill in Toowoomba.
On the 29th of June we have quite a few troopers coming to Grand Central for our annual Give me 5 for Kids troop. Come along and introduce yourself. Check out some armour and be part of the fun.

Thanks for the welcome. Bugger, I am working that weekend Sad or would be there with bells on!

(Thursday 13-Jun-2013, 07:37 PM)Duras Wrote:  Welcome Smile

I've got a Rt Mod and love it. He travels a bit though and has a long queue but he's very good a comms & super helpful

Just a heads up he posted something about he needs to repair/redo his moulds too so he might be out of action for a while

Just heard back from him and your correct, He isnt taking any more orders for delivery this year Sad

Anyone able to point me in another direction for armour with similar specs as RT-Mod? A starting trooper setup for just over 6 foot and slim build.
Move along...
Converting to ANH sandy would mean change of ab ( no buttons) , knee sniper plate, hand plates, shoulder straps (off) add canvas ones, different paint job on bucket... When you get your suit order in ask if they chuck the extra bits in some do... Enjoy Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Well after MUCH searching it looks like ANH Stunt from NE Armor (Nostalgic Empire) for the price and availability or TM if I can justify the extra dollars.

I've decided to not worry about Sandy until later and will get another suit dedicated for that later on.. Looks like a fun process.

In either case, I ordered my gloves last night so i'm now committed Smile

Thoughts?
Move along...
(Thursday 20-Jun-2013, 04:49 AM)Shalord Wrote:  Well after MUCH searching it looks like ANH Stunt from NE Armor (Nostalgic Empire) for the price and availability or TM if I can justify the extra dollars.

I've decided to not worry about Sandy until later and will get another suit dedicated for that later on.. Looks like a fun process.

In either case, I ordered my gloves last night so i'm now committed Smile

Thoughts?

bump Smile
Move along...
Hey and welcome Shalord!
The NE armour is generous if you are that build otherwise a fair bit of trimming involved, the helmet will lead to anger, hate and suffering.
the armour itself is sharp and solid can't fault it, though the helmet will require a lot of work but not impossible.
hope this helps Smile

Oh forgot, if you do want to go sandy the NE set has all the armour parts as well in the kit (shoulder straps, knee plate, abs, hand plates, green lens)
(Saturday 22-Jun-2013, 02:12 AM)Hubris Wrote:  Hey and welcome Shalord!
The NE armour is generous if you are that build otherwise a fair bit of trimming involved, the helmet will lead to anger, hate and suffering.
the armour itself is sharp and solid can't fault it, though the helmet will require a lot of work but not impossible.
hope this helps Smile

Oh forgot, if you do want to go sandy the NE set has all the armour parts as well in the kit (shoulder straps, knee plate, abs, hand plates, green lens)

Thanks for that Hubris.
Maybe the TM would be worth the extra dollars then as I am slim build? He states that he can supply the extra bits and pieces for Sandy and his lead time is only 3-4 weeks.. Thoughts?
Move along...